Music Works Wonders, known during production as Elmo's Wonderful World of Music, is a 2001 Sesame Street resource video.
Hoots the Owl's bandmates leave him just before a planned jam session. Elmo offers to help and discovers the many different ways to make music. He recruits Rosita, Telly, Big Bird, Oscar, and others who each play a unique part in Hoots' band. The special features two original songs, "That's Music" and "All Over the World."
The video was originally sent out on VHS to educators in partnership with the American Music Conference. The special runs twenty-two minutes long, with a Spanish-language track version following immediately. The cassette came in a kit of additional material meant to aid in teaching kids about and getting involved with music.
The special was later issued on a commercial DVD which was sold in Toys R Us stores for $0.01 with the purchase of another Sesame Street DVD. It was also included as a special feature on What's the Name of That Song?.
- Starring The Muppets of Sesame Street:
- Uzma Arif on Guiro
- Khalidah Chin on Violin
- Abel Fonseca on Djembe
- Sarah Lewis on Marimba
- Ajmal Mirzai on Trumpet
- Roman Piwinski on Piano
- Additional Children: Kelsey Collins, Avery Homer, Tae Markey, Jesse Ortiz, Juliana Velez, Mateo Velez
- Produced by Joseph Pipher
- Co-Producer: Kevin Clash
- Written by Annie Evans, Luis Santeiro
- Directed by Ken Diego
- Content Director, Education and Research: Jeanette Betancourt, ED.D.
- Producer: Christina Delfico
- Vice President, Program Research: Rosemarie T. Truglio, PH.D.
- Production Designer: Bob Phillips
- Costume Designer: Bill Kellard
- Music Director: Mike Renzi
- Music Composed and Arranged by Mike Renzi
- Music Supervisor: Danny Epstein
- Lyrics: Luis Santeiro
- Senior Muppet Consultant: Kevin Clash
- Jim Henson's Muppet Workshop: Stephen Rotondaro, Michael Schupbach
- Audio: Blake Norton, Carla Bandini Lory
- Utilities: Gordon R. Price, Chuck Tutino
- A JoLee TV Entertainment Production