- New York City is the central location of many Muppet productions, including Sesame Street and The Muppets Take Manhattan. One scene featuring Gonzo was filmed in Rye, New York, although the scene actually takes place in Michigan.
- An older New York Yankees logo appears on the bulletin board in the background of The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence. Shortly after this is seen, it switches to a New York Knicks logo.
- Waldorf and his wife Astoria are named after the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, and Statler is named after the Statler Hotel, currently known as the Hotel Pennsylvania in New York City.
- In the book The Muppets Make Puppets!, the mechanical puppet Hot Dog has his birthplace listed as Coney Island.
- In The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland: Sing and Play, Elmo states that everyone on Sesame Street loves to "sing Sing". Grizzy states she has an uncle there.
- In "Little Green Lie", Rizzo says Gonzo bungee jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Mr. Johnson used to live in Buffalo.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.