O Cristal Encantado is the Brazillian dub of The Dark Crystal. It premiered on February 18, 1983.
In Brazil, the rating system is very different than in the United States. Ratings are divided into "Livre para todos os públicos" (for all ages), 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 years.In 1983, it was rated 10, because the movie has moments of anguish, fear, and mild violence. But on Netflix, the movie was rated for all ages (Livre para todos os públicos).
- DVD dub
- Marcelo Campos as Jen
- Isaura Gomes as Aughra
- Netflix dub
- Fábio Lucindo as Jen
- Jussara Marques as Kira
- Sidney Lilla
- Carlos Silveira
- Patrícia Scalvi as Aughra
- Guilherme Lopes as the General
- Supporting Voices
- Dado Monteiro, Fábio Vilalonga, Gileno Santoro, Guilherme Lopes, Marcelo Pissardini, Hélio Vaccari, Patrícia Scalvi, Rodrigo Araújo, Sérgio Marques, Silvio Giraldi, Tatu (Ivo Roberto), Wendel Bezerra
- Netflix dub
- Recording studio: Dublavideo
- Translator: Rachel Gardim Vieira
- Director: Leonardo Camillo
- The title translates to "The Enchanted Crystal" in English.
- The film was not very successful in Brazil because it was released during the dictatorship, which came to an end two years later. But when the movie aired on TV Globo in 1994, it was much more successful.
- When it was released on Netflix on August 10, 2019, the audio with the original 1983 dubbing was lost. Netflix hired other voice actors to dub the movie.