Oliver Twist is a novel by Charles Dickens published in serialized form between 1837 and 1839.
Songs from the 1960 musical adaptation, with music and lyrics by Lionel Bart, have become standards. One such number, "Consider Yourself," has been performed on multiple occasions, including performances on Sesame Street and The Muppet Show.
- In the fourth season Muppet Babies episode "Invasion of the Muppet Snackers," footage of Harry Secombe as Mr. Bumble from the 1968 Oliver! film was used, in a sequence in which the babies line up for gruel in a workhouse/orphanage. When Baby Piggy complains about the nasty food, Secombe appears briefly, aghast at her remark.
- In The Muppet Christmas Carol, during the song "Scrooge," the daughter mouse (in imitation of Oliver) says "Please sir, I want some cheese".
- On Sesame Street, when Oliver wants more food, Baby Bear imitates him by saying, "Please, sir, I want some more!"
- In episode 3906 of Sesame Street, a member of the Porridge Lovers and Baby Bear share the "Please, sir, I want some more!" exchange as she requests more porridge.
- In the "Pigs in Space" sketch in The Muppet Show Comic Book #6, Captain Link Hogthrob becomes attached to a baby alien they are transporting to the planet Fagentwizt IV, a play on the Fagin character from the book.
- In Grover's 140 character speech for the Shorty Awards, one of them is Oliver Twist.
- Rowan Atkinson played Fagin in the 2009 London revival of "Oliver!"
- Tim Curry played Bill Sikes in the 1982 TV movie.
- Louise Gold played Mrs. Sowerberry and Mrs. Bedwin in the 2009 London revival of "Oliver!"
- Michael Hordern played Mr. Brownlow in the 1982 TV movie.
- Barry Humphries originated the role of Mr. Sowerberry in the 1963 Broadway production of "Oliver!"
- Miriam Margolyes played Mrs. Corney/Bumble in the 1985 mini-series
- Frank Middlemass played Mr. Brownlow in the 1985 mini-series.
- Oswald Morris was the cinematographer for the 1968 film version of "Oliver!"
- Joseph O'Conor played Mr. Brownlow in the 1968 film version of "Oliver!"
- Jonathan Pryce played Fagin in the 1994 London revival of "Oliver!"
- Clive Revill originated the role of Fagin in the 1963 Broadway production of "Oliver!"
- Griff Rhys Jones played Fagin (after Atkinson) in the 2009 London revival of "Oliver!"
- George C. Scott played Fagin in the 1982 TV movie.
- Andy Serkis played Bill Sikes in the 1999 mini-series.
- Julie Walters played Mrs. Mann in the 1999 mini-series.