Instances of Oscar mobilizing in his trash can, with his legs coming from the bottom. This was often done by Hervé Villechaize in the early years, with the daily children of the show filling in later.
This practice has also been used in several illustrations and walk-around versions of the character. Most notably, it inspired the opening dance sequence of Julie on Sesame Street, where Julie Andrews dances with several trash cans with Grouch legs coming from the bottom.
- Oscar is seen taking a morning stroll with his trash can in A Special Sesame Street Christmas, but his feet and legs are not shown on-screen.
- The same basic trick is employed in Episode 2042 when Oscar runs away inside the Snuffleupagus costume he and Grundgetta wear, with Oscar's legs seen in the bottom.
Scripts in which Oscar's legs are specified to appear, for which no a/v (or contradictory) evidence is available.
- Episode 0325 (Villechaize credit)
- Episode 0333 (specifies "Oscar's feet" but they don't appear in the final cut)
- Episode 0348 (specifies "Oscar's feet")
- Episode 0358 (Villechaize credit)
- Episode 0442 (Villechaize credit)
- Documents provided by trusted source