A native of Georgia, Peter Linz (b. June 28) began puppeteering at the age of three. He entertained his first audience (a group of birthday party-goers) at the age of 8 and was bitten by the Muppet bug at age 10. He went on to graduate with a BA in Psychology from the University of Georgia.
Like many successful Muppet performers Linz has served and continues to serve a term of duty on Sesame Street, performing numerous characters over the course of 17 seasons. His best-known characters, however, emerged on the successful Disney Channel preschool program Bear in the Big Blue House in the form of a nervous mouse named Tutter and a playful otter named Pip.
Linz has had great success outside of the Henson universe as well, performing in popular children's series such as Between the Lions, Puzzle Place, Blue's Room, The Book of Pooh, Cousin Skeeter, It's a Big, Big World, and the upcoming PBS series, Lomax - The Hound of Music, in which he performs the title character.
Linz performed on the stage in the Tony award-winning Broadway musical Avenue Q from 2003-2005 as puppet captain, ensemble member and understudy for Princeton, Rod, Brian, Nicky, Trekkie Monster, and Bad Idea Bear #1.
- Sesame Street: Alistair Cookie (assistant), Honkers, Yo-Yo (puppetry only), Additional Muppets
- Muppet Sing-A-Long: It's Not Easy Being Green
- A New Baby in My House
- Sesame Street's Staying Up Late
- Aliens in the Family: Varch, Elder of the Nertron Galactic Federation, Yukkles, others
- Bear in the Big Blue House: Tutter, Pip, Jacques the Beaver, Luna (puppetry only)
- Elmopalooza: Additional Puppeteer
- Muppets from Space: Miss Piggy (puppetry only), Shakes, Additional Muppets
- Count on Sports
- Abby in Wonderland
- A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa
- The Puzzle Place: Skye, Nuzzle
- Between the Lions: Theo Lion, Heath the Thesaurus
- It's a Big Big World: Snook, Oko
- Blue's Room
- Avenue Q
- Lomax, The Hound of Music: Lomax, various humans