Peter Piper, of Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, is a nursery rhyme and tongue twister which is believed to have been introduced in London around 1813. The common modern verse is as follows:
“Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked;
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?”
- Peter Piper attends Storybook Community School along with Abby Cadabby, Baby Bear, Jack and Jill, Hansel and Gretel, Mary, and Little Red Riding Hood. He is the first to introduce himself to Baby Bear on his first day of school in Episode 4093. He was performed here by Jim Kroupa, and by Kevin Clash in Episode 4110.
- In Sesame Street Episode 4139, Abby Cadabby poofs Peter Piper (Martin P. Robinson) and Prince Paul Charming to Sesame Street as part of the Letter "P" Game.
- Sesame Street Episode 4511 has Peter Piper (Eric Jacobson) abandoning pickled pepper picking in favor of a more pizzazzy lot in life, which proves to be trouble for Alan and Telly Monster.
- In a "Sesame Street News Flash", Kermit goes to Peter Piper's Pickled Peppers Patch to interview him, but he only gets to meet other members of his family, whose names all begin with a common letter. Eventually, it turns out that Peter himself is in Portland, pressing pants. (First: Episode 1342)
- In one Sesame Street insert, John Moschitta, Jr. plays Porter Pepper of Peter Piper's P Products, which produces products that begin with the letter "P". He mentions that two of his clients were Peter Pan and Pablo Picasso until Peter Piper, the boss, gives him a phone call. Pepper now presents a new problem: Peter Piper "P" Products has been purchased, and is now Sam Singer "S" Stuff Store. (First: Episode 2061)