|Produced by:||Genius Entertainment|
|Release Date:||April 21, 2009|
Pirates: Elmo and the Bookaneers is a 2009 Sesame Street direct-to-video special. Elmo and Alan are reading together in Hooper's Store, when the store is boarded by a band of rowdy pirates -- the Bookaneers, led by captain Tina Fey. Elmo refuses to hand over his book to the pirates, so they give him a series of tests to see if he's worthy of joining their crew. Elmo and the Bookaneers follow a map through Sesame Street to find buried treasure.
The video uses the Street scenes from the 2007 season premiere episode. It's rounded out with Sesame segments relating to pirates, books and imagination.
- What's the Word on the Street?: Squid (First: Episode 4135)
- Street scenes from episode 4135
- Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures: Pirates (Theme song and ending scene omitted)
- Cartoon: "Pirates 'R'" (First: Episode 3995)
- The Word of the Day: Brian Williams presents the word "squid" (First: Episode 4135)
- Abby Cadabby sings "I Love Words"
- Song: "In the Library." (New recording) (First: Episode 4135) and (First: Episode 3423) (Original version)
- Suzie Kabloozie learns about pirates in a book (First: Episode 3460)
- Ernie sings "Imagine That" (First: Episode 2142)
- Jerry Nelson sings "In My Book" (First: Episode 2983)
- Elmo's World: Books