Raccoons have been featured in Muppet productions since the fifth season of The Muppet Show, when they appeared in episodes 502, 503, and 515. They were also seen as part of the groups of Woodland Animals in various numbers on the show.
- A raccoon appears in the wedding sequence of The Muppets Take Manhattan.
- A raccoon was one of the woodland creatures in A Muppet Family Christmas.
- A raccoon performed by Jerry Nelson appears with Billy the Bear in episode 109 of The Jim Henson Hour, as well as in several other episodes of the show.
- Two raccoons appeared on the direct-to-video production Billy Bunny's Animal Songs as original, though unnamed, characters singing "I Have a Secret".
- Two raccoons were seen during the finale of The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- A raccoon appears in the direct-to-video production Muppet Classic Theater in the background during the musical number "Gotta Get That Name".
- A raccoon was named Rhonda the Raccoon in episode 117 of The Animal Show.
- A raccoon appeared in the Muppet Time Frog Scouts segment "Selling Cookies", when he saw Robin and the other frog scouts wanted the raccoon to buy their cookies, he ran away screaming.
- A raccoon was interviewed in episode 306 of The Animal Show.
- A raccoon was the keyboardist for The Animal Band on Telling Stories with Tomie dePaola.
- A raccoon appeared in the theme song during the fourth season of Bear in the Big Blue House.
- A raccoon was seen with extremely different eyes when it appeared on Sesame Street during Jill Scott's version of "We Are All Earthlings".
- Two raccoons were seen running from a tire when Jack Rabbit sings the line, "On a bumpy road" during the song, "Life as a Pet" on Kermit's Swamp Years.
- Bill Barretta borrowed one of the raccoon puppets from the Muppet Workshop to practice his performing at home, and subsequently never returned it.