The musical was adapted to film in 2005 and into a live-television event on Fox in 2019.
- In the book Before You Leap, Kermit talks about his early days with the Muppets in New York City, describing their first place together as "RENT meets Friends meets Seinfeld with a dash of Avenue Q."
- In the Elmo the Musical segment "Repair Monster the Musical," Elmo tries thinking of a musical subject. He imagines singing tools, including a wrench, who sings a short ditty based on the title song from Rent.
- In a 2019 AMA with Cookie Monster on Reddit, a user question asks, "How's the rent on Sesame Street?" Cookie replies, "Me think you confused.... Rent played on different street, me think Broadway?"
- A poster for "SCENT" (depicting a snuffle) hangs on the wall in the theater found at Sesame Street at SeaWorld.
- Billy Aronson was credited with original concept and additional lyrics for "Santa Fe" and "La Vie Boheme/I Should Tell You"
- James Cranna played a pawnshop dealer in the 2005 film adaptation
- Taye Diggs played Benjamin in the original Broadway cast and the 2005 film adaptation
- Vanessa Hudgens played Maureen in Rent: Live
- Jesse L. Martin played Tom in the original Broadway cast and the 2005 film adaptation
- Idina Menzel played Maureen in the original Broadway cast and the 2005 film adaptation
- Daphne Rubin-Vega originated the role of Mimi
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.