Richard Darwin was an animatronic designer and technician with Jim Henson's Creature Shop for over a decade.
Darwin began his film effects career on Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth and Waxwork II: Lost in Time. Other credits outside the Creature Shop include 102 Dalmatians (for Neal Scanlan's studio), Dog Soldiers, AVP: Alien vs. Predator, Underworld: Awakening (working on the lycans), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Into the Grizzly Maze. For Rise of the Planet of the Apes, he puppeteered Baby Caesar.
Creature Shop credits
- The Flintstones - Mechanic
- The Neverending Story III - Mechanic
- Babe - Animatronic technician
- Loch Ness - Mechanical technician
- 101 Dalmatians - Animatronic designer
- The Adventures of Pinocchio - Animatronic designer
- Buddy - Key animatronic designer
- Lost in Space - Key animatronic designer
- Farscape - Prosthetics and creature effects ("Exodus from Genesis")
- Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story - Animatronic designer
- Five Children and It - It animatronic body supervisor
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Animatronic designer/on-set supervisor
- Mee-Shee: The Water Giant - Mechanic