Richie Rich and Jackie Jokers was a comic book series by Harvey Comics, pairing their "poor little rich boy" Richie Rich with child comedian Jackie Jokers and running from 1973 to 1982. The two sometimes appeared together, while in other stories, Jackie Jokers starred in spoofs of movies and TV shows.
Issue 27 (June 1978) featured a "Jackie Jokers TV Special": "Sez-a-Who Street," a Sesame Street parody with a supporting cast of Moopets (no relation). Jackie, in a bird suit, plays Medium Bird. He is joined by Ert and Bernie (Bert and Ernie), Hermit the Frog (Kermit, mostly seen in reporter garb), and the Comic Book Monster (Cookie Monster) who eats comic books. He eats a Casper comic but turns down Richie Rich ("Me can't eat rich food!")
Groover Grouch (Oscar the Grouch only blue) gives Medium Bird a tour of the inside of his trash can, revealing what looks like the lavish interior of a luxurious mansion. The parody ends with all of the characters running in panic because the Comic Book Monster has realized that they are *in* a comic book. They all fly away while the monster devours a page of a different Jackie Jokers/Richie Rich story.
Mr. Hoopla, owner of Mr. Hoopla's Candy and Soda, appears briefly.
- Sid Jacobson edited the series and other Harvey Comics.
- other Richie Rich connections
- Nancy Cartwright voiced Gloria on the animated Hanna-Barbera Richie Rich series (1980-1983)
- Joan Gerber voiced Irona and Mrs. Rich on the HB animated series
- Jonathan Hyde played Cadbury in the 1994 film
- Casey Kasem played additional voices on the HB animated series
- Katie Leigh voiced Richie Rich and Irona on the 1996 animated series
- Phill Lewis directed five episode of the Netflix series (2015)
- Hal Smith played additional voices on the HB animated series
- Ben Stein played a teacher in the 1994 film
- John Stephenson played additional voices on the HB animated series
- Lesley Ann Warren played Mrs. Rich in Richie Rich's Christmas Wish (1998 video)
- Frank Welker voiced Dollar and others on the HB animated series and special vocal effects in the 1994 film