In her earliest appearances, Roxie Marie spoke in a genial tone with just a touch of a suburban accent. Her voice lowered over time and her accent became more thickly defined as someone who grew up in Brooklyn.
More specifically hailing from Canarsie, she attended a local school where she sat next to Kingston Livingston III in class. She can serve a "big sister" role with Elmo, sometimes annoyed that he "will get in the way" when he takes interest in her activities, which might include looking for a bug or trying to train a butterfly.
- Roxie Marie's last name is Callahan, as referenced in Episode 2929.
- A walk-around version of Roxie Marie appears in Sesame Street Live stage show tours including When I Grow Up, Let's Be Friends, 1-2-3 Imagine!, Super Grover! Ready for Action, and Elmo Makes Music. Roxie lasted much longer in the stage shows than she did on the actual series.
- Sesame Street
- The Phil Donahue Show
- Sesame Street Jam: A Musical Celebration
- Sesame Street Stays Up Late
- "Don't Forget to Watch the Movie"
- Big Bird Meets the Orchestra (1993)
- Sesame Street's Mother Goose Rhymes (1993)
- Who's Who on Sesame Street (1994 edition)
- Sesame Street Storybook Fun (1995)