Rua Sésamo is the Portuguese co-production of Sesame Street.
Poupas was a full-body character who was nearly identical to Big Bird, except for his orange feathers, his blue and purple feathers on his tail and head and black-and-pink eyelids. Ferrão was a brown Grouch who lived in crates on Rua Sésamo. Tita was a female cat.
Tita also appeared on the US Sesame Street special Sesame Street Stays Up Late.
- Episode 1: "As Limpezas Do Poupas"
- Episode 2: "As Brincadeiras do Ferrão"
- Episode 3: "O Egas e o Patinho a Festejar"
- Episode 4: "Contar com o Cocas e o Gualter"
- Episode 5: "O Amor do João Esquecido"
- Episode 6: "Poupas e os Bichos da Seda"
- Episode 7: "Gualter o Detective"
- Episode 8: "Egas e Becas No Cinema"
- Episode 9: "Os Birros e o Lobo Mau"
- Episode 10: "O Conde de Kontarr
- Episode 11: "A Pastorinha Perdeu os Carneirinhos"
- Episode 12: "O Aniversário do Poupas"
- Episode 13: "A Rosinha e o Gualter no Jardim"
- Episode 14: "O Poupas e a Caixinha de Música"
- Episode 15: "Egas o Baterista"
- Episode 16: "O Super Gualter"
- Episode 17: "O Teatro do Egas e do Becas"
- Episode 18: "O Pesadelo do Ferrão"
- Episode 19: "O Gualter e as Borboletas"
- Episode 20: "O Ferrão e o Espelho Partido"
- Episode 21: "O Poupas vai ao Circo"
- Episode 22: "As Caricas do Ferrão"
- Episode 23: "O Egas e o Becas vão acampar"
- Episode 24: "O Monstro das Bolachas e a Orquestra das Migalhas"
- Episode 25: "O Poupas recebe uma carta"
- Episode 26: "O Monstro das Bolachas vai à Lua"
- Episode 27: "O Professor Gualter"
- Episode 28: "O Egas e o Becas no Egipto"
- Episode 29: "O João Esquecido vai viajar"
- Episode 30: "O Poupas e as Formigas"
- Luís Velez as Poupas
- Jorge David as Ferrão
- António Pinto as Ferrão's right hand
- Filipa Melo as Tita
- Paula Velez as Tita's right hand
- Alexandra Lencastre as Guiomar (season 1-3)
- António Anjos as Sr. Almiro
- Fernanda Montemor as Avó Chica
- Fernando Gomes as Zé Maria
- Lúcia Maria as Carolina (seasons 1-3)
- Pedro Wilson as Gil (seasons 1-3)
- Vítor Norte as André (seasons 1-3)
- Ana Luís Martins as Carolina (season 4)
- Rita Loureiro as Ana (season 4)
- Ricardo Monteiro as António (season 4)
For the fourth and final season, a dubbing studio in a different location was used. The entire voice cast was replaced, with specific recasts noted when known.
|English Character Name||Portuguese Character Name||Portuguese Voice Actor|
|Ernie||Egas|| Rui de Sá|
João Paulo Seara Cardoso (season 4)
|Grover||Gualter|| José Jorge Duarte|
|Forgetful Jones||João Esquecido|| José Jorge Duarte|
|Kermit the Frog||Cocas||Adriano Luz|
|Cookie Monster||Monstro das Bolachas||Manuel Cavaco|
|Count von Count||Conde de Kontarr||Fernando Gomes|
|Gladys the Cow||Vaca Glória||Cláudia Cadima|
|Clementine||Clementina|| Claudia Cadima|
|Guy Smiley||Carlos Luz|| Carlos Cruz|
(Portuguese TV host; character named after him)
|Oscar the Grouch||Óscar||?|
|The Two-Headed Monster||Monstro das Duas Cabeças|| José Pedro Gomes|
and Miguel Guilherme
|Polly Darton||Isabel Ribas|
|Mona Monster||Lisa||Margarida Rosa Rodrigues|
Additional Voices (seasons 1-3)
- António Feio, Carlos Freixo, João Perry, Jorge David, Luís Velez, Paulo B., Pedro Alpiarça, Pedro Pinheiro, Vítor Soares, and many others
- 11/7/08 - 11/9/08: Europarque (Lisbon)
- 11/14/08 - 11/16/08: Santa Maria da Feira
- 11/21/08 - 11/23/08: Figuera Da Foz
The cast included: Sérgio Godinho, Nuno Lopes, Henrique Feist, Susana Félix, JP Simões, Tânia Ribas de Oliveira, Paula Oliveira, Filipa Pais, João Nuno Martins and Ricardo Spínola.
Lyrics, direction and translations by Tiago Torres da Silva.
Musical director: Paula Oliveira
- Brinco Brincando- Show history, trivia, voice identifications from magazine article