Rua Sésamo is the Portuguese co-production of Sesame Street.
Poupas was a full-body character who was nearly identical to Big Bird, except for his orange feathers, his blue and purple feathers on his tail and head and black-and-pink eyelids. Ferrão was a brown Grouch who lived in crates on Rua Sésamo. Tita was a female cat.
Tita also appeared on the US Sesame Street special Sesame Street Stays Up Late.
- Episode 1: "As Limpezas Do Poupas"
- Episode 2: "As Brincadeiras do Ferrão"
- Episode 3: "O Egas e o Patinho a Festejar"
- Episode 4: "Contar com o Cocas e o Gualter"
- Episode 5: "O Amor do João Esquecido"
- Episode 6: "Poupas e os Bichos da Seda"
- Episode 7: "Gualter o Detective"
- Episode 8: "Egas e Becas No Cinema"
- Episode 9: "Os Birros e o Lobo Mau"
- Episode 10: "O Conde de Kontarr
- Episode 11: "A Pastorinha Perdeu os Carneirinhos"
- Episode 12: "O Aniversário do Poupas"
- Episode 13: "A Rosinha e o Gualter no Jardim"
- Episode 14: "O Poupas e a Caixinha de Música"
- Episode 15: "Egas o Baterista"
- Episode 16: "O Super Gualter"
- Episode 17: "O Teatro do Egas e do Becas"
- Episode 18: "O Pesadelo do Ferrão"
- Episode 19: "O Gualter e as Borboletas"
- Episode 20: "O Ferrão e o Espelho Partido"
- Episode 21: "O Poupas vai ao Circo"
- Episode 22: "As Caricas do Ferrão"
- Episode 23: "O Egas e o Becas vão acampar"
- Episode 24: "O Monstro das Bolachas e a Orquestra das Migalhas"
- Episode 25: "O Poupas recebe uma carta"
- Episode 26: "O Monstro das Bolachas vai à Lua"
- Episode 27: "O Professor Gualter"
- Episode 28: "O Egas e o Becas no Egipto"
- Episode 29: "O João Esquecido vai viajar"
- Episode 30: "O Poupas e as Formigas"
- Luís Velez as Poupas
- Jorge David as Ferrão
- António Pinto as Ferrão's right hand
- Filipa Melo as Tita
- Paula Velez as Tita's right hand
- Alexandra Lencastre as Guiomar (season 1-3)
- António Anjos as Sr. Almiro
- Fernanda Montemor as Avó Chica
- Fernando Gomes as Zé Maria
- Lúcia Maria as Carolina (seasons 1-3)
- Pedro Wilson as Gil (seasons 1-3)
- Vítor Norte as André (seasons 1-3)
- Ana Luís Martins as Carolina (season 4)
- Rita Loureiro as Ana (season 4)
- Ricardo Monteiro as António (season 4)
For the fourth and final season, a dubbing studio in a different location was used. The entire voice cast was replaced, with specific recasts noted when known.
|English Character Name||Portuguese Character Name||Portuguese Voice Actor|
|Ernie||Egas||Rui de Sá|
João Paulo Seara Cardoso (season 4)
|Grover||Gualter||José Jorge Duarte|
|Forgetful Jones||João Esquecido||José Jorge Duarte|
|Kermit the Frog||Cocas||Adriano Luz|
|Cookie Monster||Monstro das Bolachas||Manuel Cavaco|
|Count von Count||Conde de Kontarr||Fernando Gomes|
|Gladys the Cow||Vaca Glória||Cláudia Cadima|
|Guy Smiley||Carlos Luz||Carlos Cruz|
(Portuguese TV host; character named after him)
|Oscar the Grouch||Óscar||?|
|Two-Headed Monster||Monstro das Duas Cabeças||José Pedro Gomes|
and Miguel Guilherme
|Polly Darton||Isabel Ribas|
|Mona Monster||Lisa||Margarida Rosa Rodrigues|
Additional Voices (seasons 1-3)
- António Feio, Carlos Freixo, João Perry, Jorge David, Luís Velez, Paulo B., Pedro Alpiarça, Pedro Pinheiro, Vítor Soares, and many others
- Brinco Brincando - Show history, trivia, voice identifications from magazine article