A rubber chicken is a popular novelty toy of a chicken made of rubber and is a prop used in comedy. A rubber chicken is often used by Fozzie Bear (in addition to whoopee cushions, whipped cream pies, banana peels, joy buzzers and Groucho glasses).
- In episode 113 of The Muppet Show, Fozzie is certain he has mastered the art of handling hecklers, and so asks Kermit to test him. When Kermit heckles Fozzie, he is hit with a rubber chicken. Fozzie is concerned, however, that the response may be too subtle.
- In episode 205 of The Muppet Show, The Swedish Chef shoots a rubber chicken and gets hit by a coconut.
- In Gummo Bergman's film Silent Strawberries, as seen in The Muppets Go to the Movies, the Angel of Death (portrayed by Beaker) offers a rubber chicken in lieu of death to its protagonist (The Swedish Chef).
- Oscar convinces Telly that if he swings a rubber chicken above his head, he'll be able to fly like a helicopter in Sesame Street Episode 2428.
- The Wild Impresario holds a rubber chicken wearing a pair of Groucho glasses in The Ghost of Faffner Hall episode "Notation: The Sign That Gets the Sound."
- In Sesame Street Episode 2833, Telly and the kids show Gordon what they are bringing on a picnic, including a rubber chicken (in case they find some rubber eggs).
- An auditor in a 1992 segment for Good Morning America found several of Fozzie's tax deductions ridiculous, including a $575.00 rubber chicken.
- In The Muppet Christmas Carol, Fozziwig and his mom run a rubber chicken factory that once employed Ebenezer Scrooge.
- The Fozzie Bear Action Figure from Palisades in 2002 came with a miniature rubber chicken as an accessory; as did the Fozzie Bear Minimate from Diamond Select Toys in 2015 and the Fozzie Bear Action Figure from Diamond Select Toys in 2016.
- According to a fact sheet on a DVD menu in The Very Best of the Muppet Show: Volume 1, one of Fozzie's rubber chickens is named Clyde.
- In a 2008 "Fozzie's Comedy School" video produced for Muppets.com, Fozzie teaches about comedy props - including rubber chickens, whoopee cushions, and custard pies. As to why the rubber chicken is funny, Fozzie says "I have no idea, but trust me, use a rubber chicken and you'll never lay an egg."
- In a "Jokes! with Fozzie" video (#23), Fozzie starts his routine swinging a rubber chicken around.
- A flashback during a deleted verse of "Let's Talk About Me" from 2011's The Muppets, features Fozzie performing with a rubber chicken at Tex Richman's 10th birthday.
- In Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular, the Muppets try to come up with ideas for the big finale ― Gonzo suggests chickens; Fozzie suggests rubber chickens.
- Grover comes by selling rubber chickens ("Perfect for any slapstick routine!") in Sesame Street Episode 4609.
- Mr. Noodle tries using a rubber chicken to nail two pieces of wood together in 2019's "Elmo's World: Building Things" segment.
- In the Muppet Babies episode "Bunsen Knows All," Baby Bunsen sings about knowing how to grow a rubber chicken tree.
- In Muppet Babies, Baby Fozzie has a rubber chicken named Sir Featherbrain that he carries as a transitional object. In "Wock-a-Bye Fozzie", he accidentally leaves it at home during the sleepover at Miss Nanny's house, which is one of the reasons why he doesn't have a good time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.