The opening lines of dialogue on Sesame Street in Episode 0001 are spoken to Sally as Gordon introduces her to the neighborhood. Sally is the first of The Kids to appear in a long line of children who would become a permanent fixture on the series for its entire run.
After she meets Bob, Mr. Hooper, and Susan during the first minutes of the premiere episode, Gordon introduces her to Ariana and Ronald, two other kids who are already playing on the street. Their meeting is immediately interrupted by the raucous entrance of Big Bird, who towers over Gordon and can't see Sally until she's raised to his level. After he admits that he almost laid an egg from the shock of her height, Sally comments, "If he did lay a egg, it would've been very large."
After Sally giggles over hearing Ernie singing while taking a bath — and briefly demonstrating hygiene during "Everybody Wash" — she and Gordon join Susan in their apartment for the milk and cookies she was promised earlier. She says that she loves milk, but that when she was a little girl, her preferred beverage was coffee. Gordon nervously laughs the comment off as "one short experience" as Sally drinks her milk as an introduction to the "Hey Cow" film.
Sally is also present for the introduction of Oscar the Grouch who, she's stunned to hear, lives in a trash can. Oscar likes her, he says, because "in the thirty seconds or so that I've known you, you've never banged on the lid of my trash can, you've never asked me to come out and meet anybody, or even told anybody where I live, or bugged me in general." Oscar then retreats into his can after a suggestive glare at Gordon.
Throughout the rest of the episode, Sally learns the "Sesame Street Theme," picks up knitting from Jennie, and participates in some magic tricks with Bob and Kermit the Frog. At the end of the day, she, Gordon, and Susan are joined by Ernie and Bert to review the events of her first experiences on Sesame Street. Gordon bids the viewer goodbye, promising that everyone — including Sally — will be here next time. Sally would continue to be seen in various subsequent episodes through Season 2.
- Episode 0001 — main character
- Episode 0005 — singing "Riding in My Car," watching Jennie draw, and playing with a fawn
- Episode 0008 — finding B words, singing "If You're Happy and You Know It," a scene with Mr. Hooper building things, measuring her height with Big Bird, and feeding Sesame the lamb
- Episode 0010 — observing a lizard and playing jumprope with Big Bird
- Episode 0014 — singing "The Alphabet Song" and listening to Susan read
- Episode 0017 — observing a baby snake
- Episode 0019 — observing a duck
- Episode 0026 — watching Alphabet Bates and observing Jennie draw
- Episode 0029 — singing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" with Mahalia Jackson
- Episode 0035 — playing a picture game with Susan
- Episode 0043 — listening to Lou Rawls sing
- Episode 0047 — watching Jennie draw, observing a falcon with Matt Robinson's kids Holly and Matt Jr
- Episode 0055 — big and small with Bob, feeding a guinea pig
- Episode 0069 — observing a turtle
- Episode 0081 — piling up balloons with Bob and observing a sheep
- Episode 0097 — song with Bob, ringing bells with Gordon
- Episode 0098 — building blocks with Bob
- Episode 0106 — helping Gordon make sandwiches while Susan is at work
- Episode 0108 — singing with Pete Seeger
- Episode 0124 — spotting Alphabet Bates
- Episode 0129 — playing near and far with Oscar
- Episode 0135 — identifying words in the "an" family, fixing a birdhouse with Bob, and reminding Big Bird to say "adios"
- Episode 0136 — playing a picture game with Bob
- Episode 0151 — on the tire swing in the "un" game
- Episode 0167 — singing "Rain, Rain, Go Away"
- Episode 0181 — sharing apples and jump roping in the yard
- Episode 0182 — playing an imagination game
- Episode 0186 — finding rectangles for Mr. Hooper
- Episode 0199 — playing on the see-saw, solving Big Bird's puzzle poems
- Episode 0225 — tending a garden with Susan
- Episode 0226 — what are you scared of?
- Episode 0255 — Gordon sings "Stop!"
- Episode 0257 — guessing game with Bob
- Episode 0265 — buying an ice cream and playing on the tire swing
- Episode 0268 — jumping rope