- In the Sesame Street coloring book Let's Take a Trip!, Ernie rides one of the city's famous cable cars.
- San Francisco has had many famous earthquakes, including a large one in 1906. Those quakes were referenced by the wrestler The San Francisco Earthquake in The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence.
- The second half of the 1997 film George of the Jungle, which includes animatronic effects by Jim Henson's Creature Shop, takes place in San Francisco. George makes a daring rescue of a worker stranded at the top of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- The 1979 Sesame Street Calendar feature San Francisco for the month of October.
- In a Sesame Street filmed insert, college students volunteer at the San Francisco Children's Zoo, which has such animals as ferrets, opossums, and chinchillas.(EKA: Episode 2227)
- In 1980, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy hosted an episode of Great Performances in which they watched the San Francisco Ballet's production of Prokofiev's Cinderella.
- Muppets, Music & Magic was featured at The Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, which is housed in San Francisco, June 21 - July 1, 2007.
- Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street? was an exhibition at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in San Francisco, May 8 - September 19, 2004.
- The Art of the Muppets was featured at the de Young Museum Hall of Flowers in San Francisco, June 27 - August 2, 1981.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.