SeaWorld is a chain of aquatically-themed amusement parks owned by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, with three parks in San Diego, San Antonio, and Orlando. Sesame Street characters and attractions have been featured at SeaWorld parks since 2007.
SeaWorld Orlando features the Sesame Street-themed area Sesame Street Land (née Sesame Street at SeaWorld), which opened on March 27, 2019, replacing Shamu's Happy Harbor. Sesame Street characters have been appearing at SeaWorld Orlando in stage shows and seasonal events since 2007.
Sesame Street Land is modeled after the Sesame Street set, with locales such as 123 Sesame Street and Hooper's Store. Exclusive video and audio featuring the Muppets was recorded especially for interactive sections of the area. A special Elmo Bubble Wand available in the shopping center enables additional interactive features around the area as well. Walk-around characters appear for photo ops with park guests in addition to appearing in the daily Sesame Street Party Parade.
Prior to Sesame Street Land's opening, Annual Passholders were given a preview of the area on March 23 and 24, 2019. A special launch event was held on March 26, featuring a short appearance by Elmo, Abby Cadabby and Rosita.
Sesame Street at SeaWorld teaser videos:
- Elmo and the Bookaneers, stage show
- Elmo and Abby's Treasure Hunt, stage show
- Count-Around Playground (removed shortly after "Sesame Street at SeaWorld" opening day)
SeaWorld San Diego
Sesame Street Bay of Play opened at SeaWorld San Diego in 2008, replacing Shamu's Happy Harbor.
The following rides are found at SeaWorld San Diego:
- Abby's Seastar Spin: a spinning teacup ride
- Elmo's Flying Fish: a rotating flying attraction, similar to Disneyland's "Dumbo the Flying Elephant" ride
- Oscar's Rockin' Eel: a rocking tugboat ride themed like an eel
- Lights, Camera, Imagination!: Short 4-D film (English version of Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic at Universal Studios Japan)
For Halloween (2009-2010), their character breakfasts feature Count von Count. Abby Cadabby's Halloween Adventure is a 4,000 sq ft pathway filled with interactive elements, where kids help find Abby's magic wand. In 2011, Count Von Count's Spooktacular Breakfast was offered as character dining.
A Sesame Street Christmas is a stage show added in December 2009. Character dining at the park was seasonally themed to "Elmo and Friends Christmas Breakfast".
From January to February 2021, it began offering The Sesame Street Parade of Lights Drive-Thru at SeaWorld. The characters pose on the same floats during the day, for physically distant photos. It is the only park in the chain to not be allowed to resume operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
SeaWorld San Antonio
Sesame Street Bay of Play was added to SeaWorld San Antonio in 2011.
The following rides are found at SeaWorld San Antonio:
- Big Bird's Spinning Reef: a Ferris wheel
- Elmo's Dolphin Dive: a vertical drop ride
- Abby Cadabby's Rocking Wave: a ride that rocks forwards, backwards and sideways
- Little Bird's Splash: a water area "where kids can play in 22 water elements such as bubblers, geysers, jets and dumping buckets."
- Super Grover's Box Car Derby: a kiddie roller coaster (opened in 2019, replacing Shamu Express).
As with SeaWorld San Diego, a version of the Neighborhood Street Party parade at Sesame Place debuted in 2018, also titled the Sesame Street Party Parade.
In 2011, a Sesame Street Brunch ran as the character dining event. The 2009 show continued at Nautilus Amphitheater, while Elmo's Christmas Wish was added at Happening Stage.
- Big Bird
- Abby Cadabby
- Cookie Monster
- Oscar the Grouch (San Diego since 2014, San Antonio since 2015, Orlando since 2019)
- Count von Count
- Honkers (purple and orange, San Antonio only; since 2018)
- Prairie Dawn (San Diego and San Antonio since 2018, Orlando since 2019)
- Telly Monster
- SeaWorld stage shows
- Sesame Place plush sold at SeaWorld
- Sea World, an unrelated similarly-named aquatic park in Australia
- Donna Balancia, "A scary October at SeaWorld", Florida Today, September 29, 2007.
- Mike Celestino, "Video/Photos: SeaWorld San Diego Reopens for First Time in 2021 with Outdoor Exhibits and Shows Only", Laughing Place, February 9, 2021.
- Lori Weisberg, "BUSINESS: SeaWorld offers Sesame Street light parade drive-through-style", The San Diego Union-Tribune, January 21, 2021.