The show featured Joe Pesci (as Ronald Grump), Corbin Bernsen (as real estate attorney, Arnie), Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman (as Worm TV hosts), John Goodman (as Tough Guy Helpline operator), Charles Grodin (as Chaz), Julia Louis-Dreyfus (as reporter Kathie Lee Kathie), Rosie O'Donnell (as the Good Hope Fairy), Susan Sarandon (as Bitsy), Barbara Walters (reporting for 25/25), and Regis Philbin and Kathie Lee Gifford (as themselves).
Celebrities from archive footage include Sally Field, Jodie Foster, Whoopi Goldberg, Lena Horne, Jeremy Irons, Bo Jackson, Martin Short (as Ed Grimley) with Billy Crystal, John Candy, Ray Charles, Glenn Close, Jamie Lee Curtis, Annette Bening, Candice Bergen, Itzhak Perlman, Linda Ronstadt, Diana Ross, Barbara Walters, Phoebe Cates, Kevin Kline, Maya Angelou, En Vogue, Aaron Neville, Henry Winkler (as The Fonz), Jay Leno, Carol Kane, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Jane Curtin, Marisa Tomei, Mel Gibson, Robin Williams, Paul Simon, Lily Tomlin (as Ernestine), Denzel Washington, Marlee Matlin, Patti LaBelle, and Marilyn Horne.
Tycoon billionaire Ronald Grump (a parody of Donald Trump played by Joe Pesci) wants to demolish Sesame Street to build his Grump Tower, and it's up to the Sesame Street citizens to save their favorite buildings from being destroyed.
- At the age of 14, John Tartaglia visited the set of the special and was roped into his first puppeteering job for the show. He assisted John Kennedy in performing Count von Count (to Jerry's vocal track) in one scene.
Sesame Street Humans
- Caroll Spinney, Jerry Nelson, Martin P. Robinson, Kevin Clash, Fran Brill, Joey Mazzarino, Rick Lyon, John Kennedy
- Carlo Alban, Ruth Buzzi, Annette Calud, Desiree Casado, Emilio Delgado, Savion Glover, Sonia Manzano, Roscoe Orman, Tarah Schaeffer
- Executive Producer: Andrew Solt
- Co-Executive Producers: Franklin Getchell and Marjorie Kalins
- Producers: Marc Sachnoff and Victoria Strong
- Co-Producer: Emily Squires
- Associate Producer: Martha Ripp
- Director: Chuck Vinson
- Writer: Mark Saltzman
- Special Material: Bruce Vilanch
- Muppet Captain: Kevin Clash
- Jim Henson's Muppet Workshop: Mark Zeszotek, Laurent Linn, Peter MacKeenan
- Production Designer: Victor DiNapoli
- Creative Consultant: Cathi Rosenberg-Turow
- Associate Director: Ted May
- Graphic Designer: Mike Pantuso
- Graphic Artist: Pete Ortiz
- Set Decoration: Nat Mongioi
- Art Director: Bob Phillips
- Music Director: Robby Merkin
- Music Coordinator: Danny Epstein
- Costume Designers: Bill Kellard, Terry Roberson
- Sound Effects: Dick Maitland
- Audio: Blake Norton
- Camera Operators: Frank Biondo, Dave Driscoll, Bob DelRusso
- "Our Favorite Street": Music by Robby Merkin, Lyrics by Mark Saltzman
- McNeil, Alex Total Television, 4th edition, section on Sesame Street.
- Puppet Kitchen: Episode 25: Puppet Time Online - John Tartaglia (09:03)
- Save Our Street, where Sesame Street is threatened to be torn down in favor of a parking lot, and Episode 2704 where "Mr. Trump" makes several attempts to purchase Hooper's Store.
- Das Geheimnis der Blumenfabrik, where Eichenpark ("Oak Park") is threatened to be torn down to build a plastic flower factory.