Short Circuit is a 1986 comedy about a robot who gains sentience. It spawned a sequel two years later.
- The seventh season Muppet Babies episode "...At the Movies" uses extensive footage from Short Circuit 2. The robot character Johnny 5, dubbed with new dialogue by Greg Berg, befriends Baby Scooter and accompanies him throughout the episode to help him decide what his favorite movie is.
- G. W. Bailey played Skroeder
- Tim Blaney voiced Johnny 5 in both films (and was lead puppeteer in the first)
- Trish Leeper puppeteered on the sequel
- Michael McKean played Fred Ritter in the sequel
- Rob Mills puppeteered on the sequel
- Gerry Parkes played a priest in the sequel
- Austin Pendleton played Howard Marner
- Gord Robertson puppeteered on the sequel
- Ally Sheedy played Stephanie Speck