|FRAME 1||Camp counselor Grover and his campers tour Monster State Park. They quietly follow a butterfly, which Grover scares away when he slips on a banana peel. He teaches his campers not to litter and explains the circumstances, slipping on the peel once more.|
|Animation|| "Every Bit a' Litter Hurts"|
(First: Episode 2721)
|Muppets|| Oscar the Grouch urges kids to "Just Throw It My Way" when it comes to littering|
(First: Episode 2794)
|FRAME 2||The group has made their way to Old Smoggy, named such because the air is thick and contaminated. The mountain explains how the air became that way, because of emissions for cars and factories.|
|Muppets|| Bip Bipadotta sings about "Air."|
(First: Episode 2568)
|FRAME 3||The campers sit in a rowboat in the nearby lake, when Junior tosses his trash into the water. Smokey the Salmon emerges from the water and tells them not to throw trash into the lake. Grover assures Smokey they will dispose of the trash properly, and Smokey and his fish friends toss more water pollution for them to take as well.|
|Cartoon|| Willie Wimple went a-boatin' and polluted the river.|
Artist: Abe Levitow
(First: Episode 0590)
Additional echoing on sound effects.
|Muppets|| Kermit sings "On My Pond".|
(First: Episode 2328)
|FRAME 4||Grover now explains to his campers that they should respect and take care of the plants, such as the “leafareno” (a tree) and some roaring dandelions and wildflowers.|
|Muppets|| Ernie sings "Little Plant."|
(First: Episode 2144)
|FRAME 5||The group observes a nest being built by two birds, who reuse string as part of it, a process Grover calls “reusing something old to make something new”, otherwise known as “recycling”. The male bird then swoops down and takes Grover’s hat for their nest. They give him their nest to wear in its place.|
|Film|| "Box City Recycling Rap"|
Kids sing a rap song about recycling. They build a city out of boxes and cartons.
(First: Episode 2851)
|Muppets|| "Oscar's Junk Band"|
(First: Episode 2731)
|FRAME 6||Cookie Monster is also in Monster State Park to observe nature and devours the cookies in a box. He is about to throw it on the ground, when a group of animals plead for him not to, as it will dirty their home. Cookie eats the box instead.|
|Muppets|| Bert sings "Keep the Park Clean for the Pigeons" to address the importance of proper trash disposal for the sake of pigeons.|
(First: Episode 2727)
|FRAME 7||As the troop continues their hike, Grover is forced to carry everyone’s luggage, when Junior asks him to carry his canteen. Junior thinks pouring the water out will make it lighter for him to carry, but Grover explains that would be wasting water. Junior instead put the canteen with the other luggage, causing Grover to tip over.|
|Cartoon|| "The Wasteroon Song" - three water drops complain about people wasting water, calling them "Wasteroons."|
(First: Episode 2851)
|FRAME 8||Now dusk, the campers have set up camp and sum up the lessons they’ve learned today. As they all turn in for the night, Grover finds a bear in his sleeping bag, forcing him to sleep on the ground with a rock pillow. He then quietly remarks how beautiful natures is and vows to take better care of it.|
|Muppets|| Big Bird sings "What a Gift."|
(First: Episode 2884)
|FRAME 9||As the credits roll, Grover says goodnight to his campers and nature.|
- One bear in the video is the Baby Bear puppet, even performed by David Rudman, as a background character. Likewise a later scene features what would become the Papa Bear puppet, referred to only as "bear."
- Kathryn Mullen is erroneously listed twice in the credits.
- This is the only installment of the "Sesame Songs" series to not have been given a subsequent video or DVD release. The scene featuring Cookie Monster in Monster State Park was published to Sesamestreet.org for a time, and on the Sesame Street YouTube channel.
- Executive Producer: Nina Elias Bamberger
- Director: Emily Squires
- Segment Directors: Lisa Simon, Jon Stone, Ted May
- Writer: Tony Geiss
- Segment Writers: Sara Compton, Jeff Moss, Luis Santeiro
- Puppet Captain: Kevin Clash
- Muppets, Costumes, and Props supervised by: Ed Christie
- Production Designer: Victor DiNapoli
- Graphic Designer: Mike Pantuso
- Songs by: Phil Baron, Bruce Cayard, Christopher Cerf, Sara Compton, Sarah Durkee, Tony Geiss, Dave Hansen, Cheryl Hardwick, Paul Jacobs, Al Jarnow, Abe Levitow, Dick Lieb, Joe Raposo, Luis Santeiro and Elliot Sokolov
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.