Spain is a country in southern Europe, which borders France, Portugal, Andorra, Gibraltar, and Morocco (Africa). Castilian Spanish is the official language, with three co-official languages in other portions of the country, notably Catalan in the Catalania region. The country is famous for its many dance styles, bullfighting, and its key historical role in the colonization and exploration of North and South America (sponsoring Christopher Columbus and colonizing Mexico, amongst other deeds).
- In The Muppet Show episode 317, Spanish morse code flamenco dancer Luis Greco gets into an altercation with the Swedish Chef, causing Spain and Sweden to declare war.
Co-Productions and Merchandising
Sesame Street was dubbed into Spanish as Ábrete Sésamo circa 1976. In 1979, Barrio Sésamo, the Spanish co-production, debuted. In 2012, the mini-series Monstruos Supersanos aired dubbed on on Antena 3.
In Spain, the Muppets are known as Los Teleñecos, and have featured in considerable merchandise. Kermit the Frog has been re-christened Gustavo la Rana. However, like in all other Spanish-speaking countries, in 2011 with the release of The Muppets movie inminent, they have been renamed Los Muppets. Their Spanish character names though, remain.
- El Cristal Oscuro
- El Cuentacuentos
- Dentro Del Laberinto
- Elmo en El País de los Gruñones
- Los Fraguel
- Los Hoobs
- El Gran Golpe de Los Teleñecos
- El Oso de la Casa Azul
- La Película de los Teleñecos
- Los Pequeñecos
- Las Primeras Aventuras de Gustavo
- El Show de los Teleñecos
- Los Teleñecos Conquistan Manhattan
- Los Teleñecos en Cuentos de Navidad
- Los Teleñecos en el Espacio
- Los Teleñecos en la Isla del Tesoro
- Los Teleñecos en Navidad
- Los Teleñecos y el Mago de Oz