Starsky & Hutch was a TV police drama focusing on a pair of detectives, with an emphasis on fast cars and shooting. The series ran from 1975 until 1979 and later inspired a 2004 film (with Ben Stiller). When the show was still new, it was mentioned multiple times in early seasons of The Muppet Show.
- In episode 113 of The Muppet Show, when Bruce Forsyth discusses the violent American TV shows, he mentions Starsky and Hutch.
- In episode 116, Sweetums tells Sir Avery of Macho that he and Jack Burns were his second favorite comedy team (after Starsky & Hutch).
- In episode 203, when Milton Berle encounters Statler and Waldorf, he refers to them as "Starsky and Crutch."
- Reza Badiyi directed two episodes (1978)
- G. W. Bailey played Slade in "The Vampire" (1976) and a hotel clerk in "The Avenger" (1978)
- Terry Crews played Porter in the movie adaptation
- Danny DeVito played John DeAppoliso in "The Collector" (1977)
- José Ferrer played Crazy Joey Fortune in the two-parter "Murder at Sea" (1976)
- John Ritter played Tom Cole in "The Hostages" (1976)
- Ben Stiller played Starsky in the movie adaptation (2004)