|This article is about an upcoming project, product, or production.|
Street Gang is an upcoming Sesame Street documentary based on the book of the same name by Michael Davis. Much like the book, the documentary will follow the story of the creation of Sesame Street and the Children's Television Workshop.
The documentary will be directed by Marilyn Agrelo (originally announced to be Marah Strauch) and jointly produced by Macrocosm Entertainment and Citizen Skull Productions. Funding for the production was partially raised via crowd-sourcing among fans on Indiegogo, offering customized Sesame Street perks.
When the film's IndieGogo campaign first launched, it was expected to have "a late 2017 or early 2018 release."It was later advertised to have a 2019 release, but no official release date has been set by the filmmakers and distributor. However, the movie's official Twitter bio says, "COMING IN 2020!"
- ↑ IndieGogo "FAQ: About Street Gang"
- ↑ Poster from their official website
- ↑ @StreetGangMovie on Twitter
- ↑ Variety: "Sesame Street Doc ‘Street Gang’ Picked Up by HBO, Focus Features", November 5, 2018.
- ‘Sesame Street’ Docu ‘Street Gang’ Coming From ‘Sunshine Superman’ Director Marah Strauch, Deadline.com, April 1, 2016.