Sunday in the Park with George is a 1984 Broadway musical inspired by Georges Seurat's painting, A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte. The musical features a book written by James Lapine with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim.
- In Episode 2095 of Sesame Street, Mandy Patinkin, who originally played George in the Broadway show, appears as a police officer named George. After Big Bird invites him to the park, he tells Barkley, "Isn't it great..we're gonna have Sunday in the Park with Ossifer [sic] George!"
- Episode 4316 spoofs the musical as a frustrated Oscar the Grouch, joined by Abby Cadabby, attempts to make a painting. The episode is titled "Finishing the Splat," a spin on the show's song, "Finishing the Hat." The two even sing a song ("Look I Made a Splat") that spoofs the tune as well.
- In another Sesame Street sketch, Bert hears a tuba and recognizes the tune as "Oompah in the Park with Ned".
- Santino Fontana played Soldier/Alex in the 2008 revival
- Jake Gyllenhaal played George in the 2017 revival
- Dana Ivey played Yvonne/Naomi Eisen in the original Broadway production
- Charles Kimbrough played Jules/Bob Greenberg in the original Broadway production
- Zachary Levi played Jules/Bob Greenberg in the 2016 New York City Center Concert production
- Bernadette Peters played Dot/Marie in the original Broadway production
- Robert Westenberg played played Soldier/Alex and was an understudy/replacement George in the original Broadway production