Supergirl is a superhero who was created for DC Comics by Otto Binder Al Plastino in 1959. Like her cousin Superman, she is an alien from the planet Krypton who exhibits extraordinary powers on Earth.
The character has been interpreted in many ways over the decades, appearing in a number of comic book titles, and has translated to animation, video games, a live-action feature film in 1984, and a television series that premiered on CBS in 2015.
- In the Summer 1984 issue of Muppet Magazine, Piggy appears as SuperMoi with Supergirl star Helen Slater.
- When the babies decide to write to Hollywood stars in the Muppet Babies episode "This Little Piggy Went to Hollywood," Skeeter says she's writing to Supergirl because "she's neat-o!" In the same episode Baby Piggy briefly appears as SuperPig in a song montage, her superhero suit emblazoned with the Super symbol (adjusted to accommodate a "P"), and name stylized similarly.
- In the 2015 series Supergirl episode "Bizarro," Kara describes Bizarro Supergirl: "She looks like me, fights like me, except for the fact that she talks like Cookie Monster she's exactly like me."
- In the episode "Myriad," Maxwell Lord claims that the Man of Steel was brought to his knees by a mind control device because he "went to kindergarten and watched Sesame Street."
- While filming the season 4 Supergirl episode "Bunker Hill," director Kevin Smith recorded a video of star Melissa Benoist doing a "Fraggle Dance" while she flails her arms around in a manner he compares to a Muppet.
- Michael Albala played a scientist in the Supergirl episodes "Blood Bonds" and "Bizarro" (2016)
- Chris Jai Alex played a guard in "Childish Things" (2016)
- Betty Buckley played Patricia Arias in three Supergirl episodes (2017-2018)
- Lynda Carter plays President Olivia Marsdin in Supergirl (2016-present)
- Darren Criss plays the Music Meister in the Supergirl episode "Star-Crossed" (2017)
- Tracey Eddon was the stunt double for the title character in Supergirl (1984)
- Mia Farrow played Alura in Supergirl (1984)
- Matt Frewer played a truck driver in Supergirl (1984)
- Victor Garber played Dr. Martin Stein in the Supergirl episode "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 1" (2017)
- Paul Grant performed stunt work on Supergirl (1984)
- Teri Hatcher plays Rhea, Queen of Daxam on Supergirl (2017-present)
- David Healy played Mr. Danvers in Supergirl (1984)
- Bernard Kramer worked as a sculptor/modeller on Supergirl (1984)
- Tad Krzanowski worked as a mechanical model engineer on Supergirl (1984)
- Jesse L. Martin played Joe West in the Supergirl episode "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 1" (2017)
- David Odell wrote the screenplay for Supergirl (1984)
- Sharon Osbourne played herself in the Supergirl episode "Falling" (2016)
- Peter O'Toole played Zaltar in Supergirl (1984)
- Helen Slater played Supergirl/Linda Lee in Supergirl (1984) and Eliza Danvers on Supergirl (2015-present)
- Nicole Sullivan plays Supergirl in DC Super Hero Girls (2019)
- Wil Wheaton plays a protester in the Supergirl episode "Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 1"