To discuss article changes, please use:
If you see comments on this page, they remain for archive purposes.
Food for thought: who do you think was the melodramatic announcer for "Hunt for Happiness?" It doesn't sound like any Muppet voice to me, nor other voice that has been lipsynched to in the past.
Now, one thought that came to my cranium was Ken Roberts. He was the announcer for "Love of Chair" on The Electric Company, and his career beforehand was announcing radio soap operas like Love of Life and the like. The voice sounds very close.
The skits in question are on the The Electric Company DVD set. Any thoughts? Any other possible announcers for HFH? -Dave Splurge 17:46, 22 September 2006 (UTC)
- This is just speculation, and I have no memory of ever actually seeing the skit, but could it have been Caroll Spinney? He hasn't performed too many characters besides Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, or Bruno the Trashman, so it's possible that he can do some voices that even us fans aren't used to and can't identify. --Minor muppetz 18:09, 22 September 2006 (UTC)
- We can't really indulge in even educated speculation without having access to the skit for comparison. You wouldn't happen to have a copy, Dave? Spinney seems incredibly unlikely, as even his most diverse tones aren't "announcer"-ish. Otherwise, we're just guessing randomly. And even then, a lot of the announcers used in early Sesame Street skits, including Muppet ones, like the voice in Scanimate Films, are tough to pin down. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 18:17, 22 September 2006 (UTC)
- As for "Love of Chair", while I didn't find any video samples on YouTube yet, ifilm does have one from the first episode, [right here]. (Skip the ad, sorry.) Another video clip appears on Sesame Workshop's Electric Company section, [here] but it's more than a few clicks to get to it in the Flash site. It's a similar sort of gag, soap-opera dramatization over a scene where basically nothing happens. --Dave Splurge 23:25, 22 September 2006 (UTC)
- Actually, I *have* Love of Chair for reference. Multiple skits, even, plus I have some old time radio stuff with Ken Roberts. What I don't have is "Hunt for Happiness"! -- Andrew Leal (talk) 23:34, 22 September 2006 (UTC)
- Would it be possible that Gary Owens was the announcer, it kinda sounds like him, but I could be wrong. Froghan417 14:50, March 20, 2011 (UTC)