The A-Team is an American television series about a group of former United States Army Special Forces who work as soldiers of fortune while on the run as war criminals for a crime they didn't commit. The series aired on NBC from 1983 to 1986 and boosted the career of Mr. T, who played B. A. Baracus.
- In a 2010 episode of Sesame Street, Telly, Elmo and Abby are invited by Big A (Ryan Reynolds) to join "The A Team." Telly spoofs Mr. T's role, wearing several chains and talking in a gruff voice, even quoting "I ain't gettin' on no plane!"
- In the second season episode "The Battle of Bel Air," "Howling Mad" Murdock, conflating several puppet characters, pops up out of a dumpster holding a gun and says "You have to pay a toll or the Cookie Monster will eat you. Mmmm" (in a voice which sounds more like Yoda).
- In the third season episode "Road Games," for a quick establishing shot as Face phones up a movie studio to con them out of gambling props and sets, the World Wide Studios shot from the beginning of The Muppet Movie is used.
- Hulk Hogan appeared as himself in "The Trouble With Harry" and "Body Slam"
- Joe Namath played T. J. Bryant in "Quarterback Sneak" (1986)
- Liam Neeson played Col. John "Hannibal" Smith in the 2010 feature film
- Pat Sajak played himself in "Wheel of Fortune" (1986)
- Vanna White played herself in "Wheel of Fortune" (1986)