|Written by||The staff of Henson Associates|
The Art of the Muppets is a book that was released in conjunction with The Art of the Muppets exhibit. It details the process behind building Muppets at The Muppet Workshop from Jim Henson's days on Sam and Friends up to The Muppet Movie. With over 40 pages written by the Henson staff, the book contains a number of color and black & white photos not published previously or since. These include behind-the-scenes candids, concept sketches, studio portraits, and several collage creations -- one of which is featured as a center fold-out.
- Editorial Director: Michael K. Frith
- Editorial Contributors: Bonnie Johnson, John Culhane
- Editorial Assistance: Leslee Asch, Mary Ann Horstmeyer
- Project Editor: Jane Leventhal
- Museum Exhibit Designer: Mari Kaestle
- Museum Production Coordinator: Will Morrison
- Exhibit Photography: John E. Barrett
- Additional Photography: Nancy Moran
- Art Direction, Exhibit Photography: Rick Wetzel
- Book Designers: David Kaestle, Madelene Lees, Pellegrini and Kaestle, Inc.
- "The Art of the Muppets" tour organized by Jerry Lawton, President Greyhound Designgroup, New York