The Empire State Building is a 102-story building in the heart of New York City.
- In The Muppets Take Manhattan, Kermit the Frog yells from the building's observation deck to prove his dedication to staying in New York and working on the Muppets' Broadway show.
- Quongo the gorilla sings "It's Lonely at the Top" for the UK Spot of episode 403 of The Muppet Show from the building.
- Baby Animal climbed the Empire State Building in a Muppet Babies King Kong spoof in "Piggy's Hyper-Activity Book".
- The book What's a Fraggle? features Uncle Traveling Matt in a backdrop of New York City, and the Empire State Building.
- Big Bird sees a rock formation that is as tall as the building in the book Big Bird Visits Navajo Country.
- On April 2, 2014, for World Autism Awareness Day, Abby Cadabby lit up the Empire State Building in blue, joined by Autism Speaks co-founders Suzanne Wright and Bob Wright.
- Miss Piggy's appearance in the Kate Spade New York web series, #missadventure takes place in an elevator in the building.
- On November 10, 2019, the tower lighting was lit Sesame Street yellow and green in honor of the show's 50th anniversary. Caroll Spinney and Big Bird (Matt Vogel) were on hand to flip the switch to light the building on November 8th. Spinney was honored with a proclamation from the city marking November 8 as "Caroll Spinney Day."
- The Empire State Building features a film entitled "New York Skyride," (narrated by Kevin Bacon) which has several movie posters in the waiting area, including King Kong and The Muppets Take Manhattan.
- ↑ Empire State Building Tower Lights Calendar
- ↑ @welcomemattv on Twitter
- ↑ Associated Press: NYC honors Big Bird puppeteer, Sesame Street at 50 (YouTube video)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.