|Written by||Joe Raposo|
|Publisher|| Green Fox Music Inc.|
Jonico Music Inc.
"The Garden" is a Sesame Street song from the first season about trash, sung by Susan and Oscar. It warns that if you make a mess without cleaning it up, you will end up with a "glop, glop, grungy, glop garden" where anything in that area you made the mess in used to be.
Another version of the song, as performed by a trio of Anything Muppet hippies, was featured on the show one season later; during the bridge, the lead hippie (a Fat Blue Muppet, predating Big Jeffy) tells Cookie Monster and Grover to stop littering. (First: Episode 0266)
- Audio (Susan and Oscar's version)
- The Official Sesame Street 2 Book-and-Record Album (1971)
- Let a Frown Be Your Umbrella (1974)
- 60 Favorite Songs from Sesame Street (1975)
- Sesame Street Music Society Album (1978)
- Just Friends (1982)
- The Sesame Street Songbook (1971 edition only)
- Songs of Sesame Street (1977)
- Sesame Street Songbook Vol. 2
- The song was used in the garden stage of the Elmo's Number Journey video game for Nintendo 64 and Playstation.