The Gummi Bears starred in the animated series Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears (1985-1991) The series was Walt Disney Animation Television's first animated production, and loosely inspired by the gummi bear candies.
The series premiered on NBC, where it ran alongside the animated Fraggle Rock. Both are, incidentally, shows about mystical, colorful creatures that live in underground tunnels, hidden away from the human eye.
During the show's Saturday morning run on NBC, the Fraggles appeared together in a print ad with Tummi and Zummi Gummi, as well as characters from The Smurfs, ALF, Alvin & the Chipmunks, The New Archies, and Foofur.
- Townsend Coleman provided guest voices
- Peter Cullen voiced Gritty (3 episodes, 1989-1990)
- Jim Cummings voiced Zummi Gummi (1990-1991)
- Brian Cummings voiced Sir Tuxford and Artie Deco (1990-1991)
- Barry Dennen provided guest voices
- Katie Leigh voiced Sunni Gummi
- Howard Morris voiced Sir Paunch in "Too Many Cooks"
- Patricia Parris voiced Aquarienne the mermaid in "Water Way to Go" and Trina the shepherdess in "What You See is Me"
- Rob Paulsen voiced Gusto Gummi
- Will Ryan voiced Unwin, most of the ogres, and others
- Michael and Patricia Silversher wrote the theme song
- Russi Taylor provided guest voices
- Frank Welker voiced guest characters Slugger, the Giant, Bobo the Carpie, and others