|Premiere||May 27, 2020|
The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo is a spin-off of Sesame Street developed exclusively for the HBO Max streaming service. The series, consisting of 13 episodes, debuted on the platform on May 27, 2020. The first three episodes were available at launch, with new episodes premiering weekly afterwards. Each episode runs 15 minutes long.
“Elmo has a new favorite game: he’s hosting a talk show, right from his living room. With Cookie Monster as a sidekick, other Sesame Street pals as backstage crew, and even a House Band, Elmo welcomes real-life performers to his couch to entertain kids and families with music, games, and fun for all ages. Jimmy Fallon stops by to show Elmo the hosting ropes, Lil Nas X shares a catchy song, John Mulaney gets competitive in a tricycle race, and much more—all before Elmo’s bedtime!”
The pilot, directed by Benjamin Lehmann, was produced in January 2019, and featured special guest Kacey Musgraves performing "Rubber Duckie." Full production of the series took place in November and December 2019.
In addition to Musgraves, confirmed guests include Kwame Alexander, Sara Bareilles, Batman, Miles Brown, Ciara, Andy Cohen, Dan + Shay, Jimmy Fallon, Josh Groban, Mykal-Michelle Harris, H.E.R., Jonas Brothers, Hoda Kotb, Lil Nas X, Blake Lively, John Mulaney, John Oliver, Pentatonix, Ben Platt, Jason Sudeikis, Jonathan Van Ness, and Olivia Wilde.
Not-Too-Late Show cast and crew
- Executive Producer: Benjamin Lehmann and Ken Scarborough
- Senior Producer: Stephanie Longardo
- Coordinating Producer: Mindy Fila
- Senior Producer: Karyn Leibovich
- Content Producer: Autumn Zitani Stefano, M.A.
- Directed by Ken Diego, Shannon Flynn, Jack Jameson, Benjamin Lehmann, Matt Vogel
- Head Writer: Ken Scarborough
- Writers: Geri Cole, Scott Gray, Benjamin Lehmann, Wendy Marston, Andrew Moriarty, Ken Scarborough, Moujan Zolfaghari
- Muppet Performers: Pam Arciero, Jennifer Barnhart, Tyler Bunch, Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, Frankie Cordero, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Ryan Dillon, Eric Jacobson, John Kennedy, Peter Linz, Carmen Osbahr, Martin P. Robinson, David Rudman, Matt Vogel
- Muppet Captain: Matt Vogel
- Digital Producer: Andrew Moriarty
- Executive Vice President and Creative Director: Brown Johnson
- Script Supervisor: Jennifer Capra
- Senior Vice President of Curriculum and Content: Rosemarie T. Truglio, Ph.D.
- Sesame Street Curriculum and Content Team: Jessica Disavlo, Susan Scheiner, M.A., Autumn Zitani Stefano, M.A.
- Puppets, Costumes, and Props - The Jim Henson Company NY Workshop
- Creative Supervisor: Jason Weber
- Rollie Krewson, Connie Peterson, Zea Barker, David Bizzaro, Ben Duroucher, Victoria Ellis, Joel Gennari, Tyler Hall, Liz Hara, Michelle Hickey, Ariella Knight, Sarah Lafferty, Lara MacLean, Laura Manns, Tom Newby, Kate Rusek, Sierra Schoening, Polly Smith, Keely Snook, David Valentine, Stacey Weingarten, James Wojtal
- Production Manager: Melissa Creighton
- Production Supervisor: Joseph Roddy
- Assistant to Creative Supervisor: Carolyn Fanelli
- Music Director: Bill Sherman
- Music Director - (Arrangements and Orchestrations): Joe Fiedler
- Music Director - (Vocals): Paul Rudolph
- Music Coordinator: Tyler Hartman
- Music by Bill Sherman, Joe Fiedler, JP Rende, Kathryn Raio, Tallulah Ruff, Christopher Jackson
- Score by Ryan Shore
- Music Copyist: Joe Fiedler
- Associate Directors: Frank Campagna, Emily Cohen, Ken Diego, Julie Lorusso
- Sound Effects Editor/Re-Recording Mixer: Dick Maitland, C.A.S.
- Music Editor/ADR Mixer: Paul Rudolph
- Supervising Music Editor: Michael Croiter
- Sound Editor/ADR Mixer: Chris Sassano
- Technical Directors: Tom Guadarrama, Richard Drummond
- Cameras: Frank Biondo, Mark Britt, Jerry Cancel, Shaun Harkins
- Special Thanks To: Magnetic Dreams, Studio G Brooklyn
- Taped at Kaufman Astoria Studios
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sesame Workshop press release
- ↑ Associated Press: Muppet Elmo readies for his own starry HBO Max talk show
- ↑ Sesame Workshop: The Not-Too-Late Show With Elmo
- ↑ Sesame Street Art Department on Instagram (January 14, 2019)
- ↑ Kacey Musgraves on Instagram (January 15, 2019)
- ↑ Today: The man behind new ‘Sesame Street’ songs feels a ‘responsibility’ toward kids, March 3, 2019.
- ↑ Stephane D'Abruzzo official site: November 18-December 13: Worked on a new Sesame project for HBO Max
- ↑ Sara Bareilles on Instagram
- ↑ Official Trailer