The Sopranos was an American television drama that revolves around the New Jersey-based Italian-American mobster Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini) and the difficulties he faces as he tries to balance the conflicting requirements of his home life and the criminal organization he heads.
- Old Glory released a t-shirt featuring the Sesame Street cast in a parody of The Sopranos logo.
- Steve Schirripa and Tony Sirico appeared together playing Bert and Ernie in the "The Bert and Ernie Christmas Special" segment of Elmo's Christmas Countdown. After getting overly frustrated with the scene, they decide, from a suggestion by director Prairie Dawn, to end the special abruptly by having it fade to black, a reference to the final scene of The Sopranos.
- Schirripa and Sirico appeared together in A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa as "Mafia guys" in the same vein as their Sopranos characters.
- In the fifth season episode, "All Happy Families...", during a poker game (which is attended by Bernie Brillstein, who appears as himself), one player mentions that his daughter is engaged to a puppeteer with the Children's Television Workshop.
- Greg Antonacci played Butch DeConcini (2006-2007)
- Lauren Bacall played herself in "Luxury Lounge" (2007)
- Alison Bartlett played Gwen MacIntyre in "Sentimental Education" and "Marco Polo" (2004)
- Stephen Bienskie played a hotel clerk in "D-Girl" (2000)
- Bill Cobbs played Reverend James, Sr. in "Do Not Resucitate" (2000)
- Leo Daignault played Don in "Live Free or Die" (2006)
- Paul Dano played Patrick Whalen in "Everybody Hurts" (2002) and "With All Due Respect" (2004)
- Cynthia Darlow played Virginia Lupo in "Whitecaps" (2002)
- Edie Falco played Carmella Soprano
- James Gandolfini played Tony Soprano
- Murphy Guyer played S.E.T. #2 in "Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood" (2001)
- Ben Kingsley played himself in "Luxury Lounge" (2007)
- Bruce Kirby played Dr. Russ Fegoli in "Marco Polo" (2006)
- Julianna Margulies played Julianna Skiff in "Johnny Cakes" (2004)
- Josh Pais played Zev Charney in "Mr. & Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request" (2006)
- Donna Pescow played Donna Parisi in "Made in America" (2007)
- Richard Portnow played Hal Melvoin (1999-2004)
- Judy Reyes played Michelle in "From Where to Eternity" (2000)
- Mark Saraceni wrote the episode "Denial, Anger, Acceptance" (1999)
- Steve Schirripa played Bobby Baccalieri (2000-2007)
- Nancy Sinatra played herself in "Chasing It" (2007)
- Tony Sirico played Paulie Walnuts