The Terminator is a 1984 science fiction film that has spawned a franchise of movies, comic books, video games, theme park attractions and, most recently, a television series. The stories involve a future from which robots are sent back in time to avert (or start) a world war.
- A "Movie Mania" interstitial stars Kermit the Frog as "The Kerminator," sent from the future on a mission to save mankind. Nothing can stop him until Miss Piggy happens upon the cybernetic frog and inquires as to his recent whereabouts. When the Kerminator mistakes her for Sarah Connor, she assumes that he's been seeing another woman. In accessing his response options, his computer brain chooses to run like heck from the oncoming threat.
- The Muppet Parodies 1998 Calendar also features Kermit as "The Kerminator," equipped with a fly-swatter and shades warning enemies to "Bug-Off."
- The Sesame Street 25th anniversary special Stars and Street Forever features John Goodman as an operator for a Tough Guy Hotline. After spewing a slew of Hollywood tough guy lines to Telly while pumping iron, he signs off by saying, "Hasta la vista, baby," a line made famous by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the second film.
- Elmo's World: Jackets features a Muppet motorcyle jacket who quotes another of the Terminator's famous lines from the original film: "I'll be back," even using Schwarzenegger's signature, and often mocked, Austrian accent.
- The character Arnold Schnuffleupanegger references both movies in his appearance on Sesame Street, saying, "I'll be back. Hasta la vista, baby!"
- In a 2017 Vanity Fair video, Elmo utters "I'll be back" and Count von Count utters "Hasta la vista, baby!"
- Aaron Cash played a Terminator in the pilot for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008)
- Claire Danes played Kate Brewster in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- Terry Crews played Captain Jericho in Terminator Salvation (2009)
- M. C. Gainey played the roadhouse bouncer in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
- Lena Headey played Sarah Connor on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008-2009)
- Kristanna Loken played TX in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
- Marianne Muellerleile played the wrong Sarah in The Terminator (1984)
- Patrick Pinney played a bar customer in The Terminator (1984)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger played "the Terminator" in the first three films
- Brian Thompson played a punk in The Terminator (1984)
- Rick Zieff played Mr. Jones in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)