|March 17, 2014
Kermit the Frog appears to promote Muppets Most Wanted and gives Jimmy Fallon a specially designed wrench for the Muppet Pipes. Later, he and Fallon sing "Bein' Green" to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day.
|September 11, 2014|
|June 18, 2015
Elmo serves as the guest announcer and shows how to make recipes from the book, Let's Cook!
|August 14, 2015|
|January 14, 2016|
|August 4, 2017
Rudy appears during the "Thank You Notes" segment.
|January 7, 2019|
|February 11, 2019
Big Bird appears to promote the 50th anniversary of Sesame Street and the show's various outreach projects.
|December 19, 2019
To celebrate the show's 50th anniversary, the Sesame Street Muppets (Big Bird, Elmo, Grover, Ernie, Bert, Rosita, Oscar, the Count, and an Anything Muppet bus driver) performed a rap variation of the "Sesame Street Theme" with Tariq Trotter and Fallon.
- June 13, 2018 - During a segment in which Fallon interprets dinosaur-themed songs from tweets, he goes into a routine spoofing the Muppets' version of "Mah Na Mah Na".
- In the segment "Best Friends Challenge," Bert and Ernie are seen on the "Best Friends Box" alongside celebrities like C-3PO and R2-D2, and Joe Biden and Barack Obama.
- December 2, 2020 monologue: "If Trump won in 2024, he'd be the first President to serve non-consecutive terms since Grover Cleveland. Which Trump thinks is the full name of the fuzzy blue Muppet."
- January 21, 2021 monologue: Referencing the upcoming release of The Muppet Show on Disney Plus, Fallon claimed that the music was updated. A few clips played with dubbed hip-hop music.
- January 28, 2021 monologue: Referencing a new Margaritaville resort in Times Square, Fallon suggests that "Elmo is about to get lit", showing a picture of a Times Square busker dressed as Elmo.
- March 5, 2021 Thank You Notes: When Black Thought mentions that he called his grandparents "Peepaw" and "Meemaw", Fallon inquires if they were Muppets. Questlove plays a few bars of "Mah Na Mah Na".
- March 23, 2021: New York state reduces the age to qualify for a COVID vaccine to 50, so Fallon suggests that the Times Square Elmos now have added grey hair.
- In the monologue to the April 9, 2021 show, Fallon discusses the CDC announcement that surfaces were unlikely to transmit COVID-19. "This is a big relief, but I'm really going to miss my bath night with my groceries. Can of baked beans, you're the one."
- On the April 14, 2021 broadcast, the Freestylin' with The Roots segment saw Fallon tell an audience member that Street Gang: How We Got to Sesame Street was set to debut, and ask who his favorite Sesame Street Muppet is. He suggests Elmo, and that Chris Hemsworth should play the tot in a live action movie. The resulting song is inspired (allegedly) by the series theme song.
- On the May 12, 2021 episode, Fallon and Joel McHale play a game called A-to-Z, where each next line of their "conversation" needs to include the title of a film, starting with the next letter of the alphabet. After Fallon comments "Yeah, I almost belong on a Funny Farm", McHale replies "Boy, wouldn't that be a Great Muppet Caper."
- On the June 8, 2021 episode, Fallon and Lin-Manuel Miranda perform an original song called "Broadway's Back!" Kristin Chenoweth sings a line "in Times Square, for a show, waving hi to every drunk Elmo." Jimmy Smits and Chris Jackson also appear.