An animated typewriter with eyes, arms, and mobile wheels appeared on Sesame Street beginning in Season 6. The Typewriter would demonstrate letters by typing out the letter, and a word beginning with it, on himself. He often fumbled, which frustrated him. The Typewriter's most notable dialogue, apart from announcing the letter and the word, was his trademark "Noo-nee-noo-nee-noo" sounds. Twenty-six shorts were produced, one for each letter of the alphabet, and continued to appear on Sesame Street as late as Season 32, in addition to another appearance in The Street We Live On.
|Episode 0770||A - Airplane
The Typewriter's experiment in flight.
|Episode 0829||B - Ball
An encounter with a giant ball.
|Episode 0779||C - Cat
The Typewriter encounters a large cat, which he reduces in size by typing "little cat," and scaring it off with a "WOOF-WOOF!"
|Episode 0766||D - Daisy
A giant daisy grows beneath the Typewriter.
|Episode 0807||E - Ear
The Typewriter and a giant Ear.
|Episode 0781||F - Fly
Not the insect, but rather, the Typewriter again soars into the air.
|Episode 0775||G - Glue
The Typewriter gets stuck on a spot of glue.
|Episode 0771||H - Hand
The Typewriter encounters a giant hand.
|Episode 0847||I - Ink
The Typewriter runs out of fluid.
|Episode 0772||J - Jump
The Typewriter types J for Jump, then jumps after a frog.
|Episode 0879||K - Key
The Typewriter unlocks a passage.
|Episode 0762||L - Lion
The Typewriter encounters another "large" feline.
|Episode 0841||M - Magic
The Typewriter performs a few tricks.
|Episode 0763||N - Nose
More fun with body parts.
|Episode 0837||O - Owl
The Typewriter is always a hoot.
|Episode 0782||P - Pencil
The Typewriter tries another writing implement.
|Episode 0768||Q - Quiet
The Typewriter seeks silence.
|Episode 0765||R - Rope
The Typewriter plays jumprope.
|Episode 0792||S - Spring
The Typewriter has a loose spring.
|Episode 0785||T - Train
The Typewriter and an electric train.
|Episode 0808||U - Umbrella
The Typewriter traps himself in an umbrella.
|Episode 0774||V - Vacuum
The Typewriter deals with a cleaning implement.
|Episode 0790||W - Wall
The Typewriter hits a barrier.
|Episode 0787||X - X-Ray
The Typewriter gets a check-up with help from an x-ray.
|Episode 0769||Y - Yo-yo
The Typewriter knocks himself for a loop.
|Episode 0776||Z - Zoo
The Typewriter and wildlife.
Old School: Volume 2
In 2007, new Typewriter shorts were produced for the Old School: Volume 2 DVD set, shown at the beginning and ending of every episode on the set. Joey Mazzarino provided the character's voice for these segments. They were produced by Wachtenheim/Marianetti Animation, who also produced several TV Funhouse cartoons for Saturday Night Live.
- Introduction: The typewriter sees a computer that says that the episodes included are meant for adults and may not meet today's educational needs. He unplugs the computer, and types "Old School."
- Closing: The typewriter plays Pong on his computer.
- Introduction: The typewriter types "hair" and grows hair all over his body.
- Closing: The typewriter changes the word to "haircut."
- Introduction: The typewriter types "s—suit" and gets a big suit.
- Closing: The typewriter now types "suitcase."
- Introduction: The typewriter types "macho," and a muscular man appears.
- Closing: The typewriter changes "macho" to "nacho."
- Introduction: The typewriter types "disco."
- Closing: The typewriter now types "disco ball."