The World's Oldest Fraggle's first appearance was in the Fraggle Rock episode "The Finger of Light." As his name implies, he serves as elder for the Fraggles, often officiating at ceremonial events and emergency meetings. He frequently needs to be corrected by his assistant Henchy, to whom he replies "I know that!" while whacking him on the nose with his cane (once despite promising not to in "Inspector Red").
The World's Oldest Fraggle is obviously greatly respected by the Fraggles, but he is not their leader. His role seems to be mostly ceremonial; he presides over games and leads meetings a lot, but he doesn't make rules for anyone. The Fraggles are their own leaders, and nobody is the boss. However, the World's Oldest does wield a lot of influence if he wishes, shown by how he can convince and quasi-lead the normally peaceful and pacifistic Fraggles into a war against The Cave Fraggles in Fraggle Cave.
The World's Oldest Fraggle also seems to wobble between seriousness, silliness and senility. When he first appears in the episodes "The Finger of Light" and "New Trash Heap in Town", he shows insight and wisdom, even if the other Fraggles refuse to believe it. In episodes like "Fraggle Wars", he seems to drift into senility while still showing flashes of leadership (even if the leadership is of a potentially destructive kind). In the episode "Gone, But Not Forgotten", he offers insight into death itself, explaining that at his age, death will be nothing more than a welcome change of scenery.
- Fraggle Rock
- "Episode 112: The Finger of Light"
- "Episode 116: Capture the Moon"
- "Episode 124: New Trash Heap in Town"
- "Episode 217: Fraggle Wars"
- "Episode 218: The Day the Music Died"
- "Episode 221: Wembley and the Great Race"
- "Episode 311: The Beanbarrow, the Burden and the Bright Bouquet"
- "Episode 402: Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water"
- "Episode 507: Gone, But Not Forgotten
- "Episode 510: Inspector Red"