Tommy Amper (b. 1962), sometimes credited as Thomas Amper, is a German singer, voice actor, and dubbing director who has been heard in multiple Muppet projects. He is the son of German composer Quirin Amper Jr., who worked on the musical adaptation for the A Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island dubs.
Amper dubbed the singing voices of Bear and Pip on Der Bär im grossen blauen Haus (Bear in the Big Blue House) and related albums. He sang for Kermit the Frog in the Studio DC: Almost Live specials and in Die Muppets: Briefe an den Weihnachtsmann (A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa, where he also dubbed the postal worker). He served as musical director on the above, overseeing any arrangement adjustments and the vocal recordings, and his studio Jamzone was used for the sessions. For Die Muppets, he dubbed several singing roles, including Human Walter and Wayne, and sang for Dominic Badguy in the German dub of Muppets Most Wanted..
In addition to writing and recording a few solo albums, Amper's other dubbing roles (often for Disney projects) include Billy Ray Cyrus in the Hannah Montana franchise, Taye Diggs in Chicago, Patrick Warburton in Underdog (and as Kronk in The Emperor's New Groove), George Sanderson in Monsters Inc., and the singing voices of Dr. Facilier in The Princess and the Frog, Guy Pearce in Bedtime Stories, and Brom Bones in The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.
Muppet dubbing credits
- Muppets Die Schatzinsel (Muppet Treasure Island): Lew Zealand, singing voice for Mad Monty, chorus
- Muppets Tonight: Singing voices for Clifford, the Elvises, others
- Jim Hensons Animal Show mit Stinky und Jake (The Animal Show): Singing for guest animals; musical director, song lyrics
- Der Bär im grossen blauen Haus: Singing voices for Bear, Pip
- Studio DC: Kermit the Frog (singing), Billy Ray Cyrus; musical director
- Die Muppets: Briefe an den Weihnachtsmann (A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa): Postal Worker, singing for Kermit, Rowlf; musical director/recording engineer
- Die Muppets (The Muppets): Human Walter, Wayne, singing for Bobo, Dr. Teeth; musical director
- Muppets Most Wanted: Singing for Dominic Bösewicht, Dr. Teeth, Rowlf, Lew Zealand, others; musical director, recording engineer
- The Muppets (2015): Dr. Teeth, Howard Tubman; dubbing director