Sesame Workshop description
“Tonton may be very small in size, but she has a personality that’s larger than life. She is a very generous four-year-old girl and has a big heart. She is usually happy and altogether lovable but demonstrates great dismay when something upsets her. Tonton has deep concerns for the issues she cares about and lets nothing stand in her way. She absorbs knowledge like a sponge and is self-confident. She thinks she can do anything and knows everything. Her catch phrase is, “I know! I know!” Sometimes this makes her stubborn, but she always means well. Tonton loves to play soccer and would like to play professionally when she is older.”
- nytimes.com "MacArthur Grant Will Create Sesame Street for Syrian Refugees" Dabiel Victor, December 21, 2017
- thepeninsulaqatar.com "Sesame Street to bring laughter to war-hit children in Middle East" by Ellen Wulfhorst, December 21, 2017
- rescue-uk.org "Meet some of the young Syrian lives the IRC and Sesame Street will change" January 5, 2018
- daynurseries.co.uk "Sesame Street in Syria: Early years education on the frontline" by Michaela Chirgwin, February 1, 2018
- ozy.com "Meet the Muppet Bringing Joy to Syrian Refugees" by Adrian Brune, March 5, 2018
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.