U is the 21st letter of the English alphabet.
As a character, the letter U appeared in such skits as "U Really Got a Hold on Me," in which a Muppet version of the letter hugs and squeezes Smokey Robinson. In Season 28 of Sesame Street, a different Muppet version of the uppercase letter was serenaded by Melissa Etheridge in "Like the Way U Does."
The letter U appeared near the end of the song "I'm in Love with U", saying "Unbelievable!" U was also one of the finalists of the "Letter of the Day" pageant hosted by Guy Smiley.
Songs about U
- "I Get a Kick Out of U"
- "I'm in Love with U"
- "My Best Friend's Ukulele"
- "Thinking of U" by the Beetles
- "Like the Way U Does" by Melissa Etheridge
- "U Really Got a Hold on Me" by Smokey Robinson
- "What Makes "U" Useful" by One Direction
Segments about U
- Professor Hastings gives a "U Lecture"
- The Typewriter: "U - Umbrella"
- Human letters at the Beach (EKA: Episode 3529)
- Ernie sings "Happy Birthday" to the letter U
- Cartoon: U for uniform
|Previous letter:||Next letter:|