Context and Edit Summaries
Hi, Anthony! Just a reminder, read edit summaries before you redo something which an admin has changed (ala Rob Tygner). Not every "puppet coordinator" credit, especially for Creature Shop stuff which works differently and more often involves body movement or pantomime stuff for suit performers, falls with what's defined on Puppet captain. Please check context (I'd had to unlink some of yours in connections, because that's not how we handle those, and "puppet consultant," even though Kevin Clash once had "Senior Muppet Consultant" as a variation of his Puppet Captain credit, often means "consulted on Muppets.") Check the production context and the actual definitions used on the article before you link a phrase just through Googling (plus a lot of those "puppet coordinator" phrases on Creature Shop performer articles aren't even in credits, just added by performers as a way to elaborate on their duties, so outside of correspondence there's no way to even interpret those fully).
Also, advance reminder. Place names likewise need to be contextualized. I'm planning an article on Nashville the location at some point, but that does not mean every reference to the TV show Nashville should be linked (just if it's about an actual event there). Thanks! -- Andrew 18:49, 5 December 2020 (UTC)
Hi, welcome to Muppet Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the User:Antsamthompson9 page.
"first" in the song box
- If a song originated in a street story, I don't think a "First" should go in the song box. —Anthony (talk 23:29, 19 December 2020 (UTC)
- There's one right here. It could definitely use more discussion. —Scott (talk) 13:35, 17 January 2021 (UTC)
i.e. vs e.g.
- No problem. Do you think you could change the link to Production order vs. Broadcast order page on the Muppet show episode category page to the List of The Muppet Show episodes page? Since all the info for that migrated over there. User:Antsamthompson9 22:36, 11 February 2021 (UTC)
- Andrew said that all the links to threads have become redlinks after the move to UPC and it fills up Special:WantedPages. So I thought I would help him by getting rid of those links so, it'd be easier for him and anyone else who wants to make pages for redlinks. —Anthony 10:14, 30 March 2021 (UTC)
- We were reporting that as a bug. Meaning, it should be left alone so it came be fixed properly. I appreciate the attempt at clean-up, but it lessened the quality of the source cited and created an awful lot of counter clean-up. Please don't embark on sweeping changes like that without discussing it with the community first. —Scott (talk) 10:27, 30 March 2021 (UTC)
- My pleasure. —Anthony 21:20, 25 May 2021 (UTC)
Hi, Ant! Just a reminder, we don't create categories until there's more than one item to go there. So a Halloween specials category will make sense when there's more than one. If you want to argue for renaming Category:Halloween Episodes to "Halloween Productions" (we did that some time ago with Category:Christmas Productions), feel free to start a forum. But creating a new category for one entry doesn't actually help anyone to find the article. You're also better off using the forum or discussing it on a talk page than edit summaries when you're just stating an opinion or organizational tip not related to your actual edit. Thanks for keeping that in mind along with all the good work you do. -- Andrew 05:11, 9 October 2021 (UTC)