Julian's talk archive
- Julian's User Talk Archive 01 (2006-01-31 — 2009-12-31)
- Julian's User Talk Archive 02 (2010-01-01 — 2010-12-31)
- Julian's User Talk Archive 03 (2011-01-01 — 2011-10-02)
- Julian's User Talk Archive 04 (2011-01-02 — 2020-12-02)
(hopefully to be recovered from old talk page, eventually)
Charles and Di
File:PrincessDianaAndPrinceCharles-(1981)-MuppetParody.png is a great find! Where did you get it? I added cite tags for Charles and Di for now. —Scott (talk) 12:29, 18 January 2021 (UTC)
- Heya! Joe had uploaded the original image back in 2008. I just stumbled upon it, made the necessary visual connection, did some clean-up on the file and put them side by side for proof. As for where the image originally appeared, I haven't (yet) got the f(r)oggiest. I've contacted John E. Barrett, hoping he might be able to shed some light on this, and maybe even be able to provide a better copy. —Julian (talk) 02:12, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
New Wiki Representative + The Monthly
Hey Julian, I believe Scott already alerted everyone, but I still wanted to let you know myself that I'll be taking over from Cörey as this community's Wiki Representative (formerly known as Wiki Manager). In practice, nothing will change, so you may now just contact me for whatever you would otherwise have contacted him. This can basically be about anything that relates to this community and Fandom, or just for casual chit-chat to get to know each other :-D My talk page is always available, as it Discord in case you'd prefer that medium.
I do already want to reach out to you about something else though. I apologize for the very last minute nature of this outreach, but I wanted to make sure you wouldn't miss out on this opportunity. By now, you should've received an email about "The Monthly", a monthly (go figure) webinar-style event hosted by Fandom. It'll cover the need-to-know in regards to the platform. The first edition is this Friday, February 26th with two opportunities to join: 9am or 4pm US Eastern (You can check for your local time here). Future editions will be the final Friday of each month, if the schedule permits it. Afterwards, there will be a Fandom game night, which you're free to attend as well, cause you know, it's fun, so why not :-D The Monthly will be a more centralized way of keeping you updated than just having me relay things to you, though that will still very much happen. If you didn't receive an email, please let me know, so I can check where it went wrong. Also, if this is not something that interests you, you will have the opportunity to opt-out of the mailing list. (Minor hiccup though: we have received reports that the links are throwing errors. That said, you should still click them though, as your choice is being processed despite the error.)
The Monthly - March 26
Hiya! As you may remember from last month (or the message above this one :-p), Fandom is doing a monthly admin get together to ensure that you're all up-to-date with the latest Fandom news. The next session will be next week, Friday, March 26. Last month, you should have received an email about it, with the option to either opt-in or opt-out of the subscription. If you haven't made either choice, please dig up that first email and click the link corresponding your preference:
- opt-in will put you on the monthly mailing list, ensuring that you'll get an invite each time. If you already did so, you will receive your invite email to next session shortly, so be on the lookout for that. If you haven't received one by Wednesday, let me know, so I can find out what when wrong.
- opt-out will take you off the mailing list.
May I ask to please let me know which option you chose, cause if it's to opt-out, I want to respect that and not bring it up again :-) Hope to see you next week at The Monthly though! Lady Lostris / SOAP 08:59, 18 March 2021 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, sorry about the delay! I'll be opting-out for now! Thank you though! —Julian (talk) 12:50, 28 May 2021 (UTC)
- I know, right?! 😄 —Julian (talk) 02:37, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
Heya. I took the indent spacing out of our css file, so the cast lists should look better now. Fandom keeps messing around with those measurements. I'm hoping they settle on something consistent once the new skin is out. —Scott (talk) 13:00, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
- Ah, OK thanks! I wondered why anyone at Fandom would even want the option of text displaying in such a jumble-merged mess. —Julian (talk) 22:59, 27 May 2021 (UTC)