I made you a page at Sesame Streem. Feel free to expand it! Look at our other pages in the Muppet Fandom category to see how they're put together. I think we'd like to have a screenshot of your site on the page, but I don't know how to do that. Danny can help you with that, though. Meanwhile, I'll start taking off the links, and you can help with that too, when you have a chance. -- Ken (talk) 05:50, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Ken - I'm laughing trying to remember why I was adding those things (or if I was even doing it consciously). I can only assume it was happening due to my complete lack of knowledge regarding editing on the wiki.
- Thanks for helping remove the old links; it looks like you're just flying through them! Once I get my new Fandom page up and running, is there a new link I place in the "See Also" category? Something like: "Sesame Streem's Streaming Music Page," or similar. Just want to make sure I get things right this time. Thanks! --Jay-- Sesamestreem 18:19, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the update, Ken! I received notice you updated a couple of the album pages, but I'm not seeing any change - am I just missing something? --Jay-- Sesamestreem 05:16, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Gotcha - I appreciate the heads up! --Jay-- Sesamestreem 05:21, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Hi! I looked at your site today -- it's really neat, I'm impressed with what you've done. We've never included links to a site like yours, so I started a discussion about it on the community discussion page. You're welcome to participate in that discussion, if you like. -- Danny (talk) 00:52, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Danny
- Boy, it took me a little while to figure this whole messaging thing out! To be honest, today was the first time I had ever posted (edited) a wiki page, and I'm learning there's quite a bit more to it then I ever imagined.
- I do apologize if you feel I am out of line with my posts, and would certainly delete them if you (or the community) felt they should be removed. I have found the Muppet Wiki to be an invaluable tool in my ongoing collection of out of print Muppet music titles, and for awhile have wanted to be associated with them. My website is set up as a free forum for people who would like to come and listen to these old recordings, and I'm not asking anything in return. Yes, Sesame Streem is linked to my online business as well, so I can see where your concerns may lie. As I mentioned, not having edited a wiki page before I wasn't sure if I needed to clear my posts with someone ahead of time or if I was lacking the proper authority to add the links (but it sounds like I should have checked into it better). Please let me know how you would like me to proceed, remove all the titles, or continue to add more (yes, there's more, ha ha).
- Thanks for your time - and sorry for the trouble.
- Hi, Jay! Cool, I'm glad that you checked in. I totally understand that the messaging thing is hard to figure out, and you wouldn't really know who or where to ask about it. My little gripe about not asking was really saying: I don't know if this is a nice guy or not. Now I know: Nice guy. So it's cool. :)
- So -- whether to have the links on the site is a community question, and we'll probably end up going back and forth on it for a minute. It would be great if you could post on that discussion page too -- let everybody see that you're a nice guy, and that you're part of the conversation. That'll help a lot! -- Danny (talk) 01:19, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- By the way, a little note on how our talk pages work... I'm putting your reply back here on your talk page so we can keep the whole conversation together. You can just reply right here on your page, and I'll see it. Also, to sign your name, type four tildes, like this: ~~~~ That adds a signature and the date. This talk page stuff takes a minute to get used to. -- Danny (talk) 01:24, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks Danny, I appreciate you understanding about my blunder! I have also posted in the discussion page and I will certainly comply with whatever is decided. Thanks for your help (I figured out the colon mark thing all on my own, haha). Jay Sesamestreem 01:35, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, Jay! My name's Ken, and I'm a friend of Danny's. I'm also the biggest Muppet music fan that I know, so I'm very happy you decided to join us! While the community decides about the album links, I wanted to invite you to participate by helping out with the record pages and song pages. It would be awesome if you could help create pages for songs that we don't have yet. So if you're interested, or need some help getting started, please let me know! Thanks! -- Ken (talk) 05:11, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Ken, nice to meet you! I'd certainly be happy to help with the song pages in any way that I can. As I've already professed, I'm pretty new to all this, so why don't you give me some further info as to what you're looking to get done and how I can assist. - Jay Sesamestreem 20:34, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Sure! The easiest way to see how things work is to just start making pages, and you can always fix it if something doesn't work. If you go to Let Your Feelings Show!, some of the songs are in red. That means we don't have song pages for them. If you click on the song title, you'll get a brand new page, and you can just start typing. See if you can write a short paragraph of what the song is about, and who sings it. Then, later on, we can work in the songwriter information, and put a picture there, and other stuff that will go there. You don't have to do a song on this album if you don't want to, but I picked it because I know you have a copy of it. If you see red links on another song that you want to do, feel free to try it there! Another tip is that you can click on another song page (I'd start with a short one), and click on "Edit this page", but don't do anything. Just look at how it looks "inside" the page, and you'll start to see how pages are put together, and what kind of coding you need to do to get the results you want. I hope this helps, and check out our Help pages, too!
Hi, welcome to Muppet Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the The Sesame Street Book & Record page.