Prairie Dawn was the show's guest, and the object of the game was to guess a letter of the alphabet - in this case, the letter "E" - given some clues. She manages to get the answer right when she hears the prize will be a mouse - which frightens her!
This was one of many tracks from the 1971 LP The Muppet Alphabet Album that was later recorded as a segment on the show, with the puppets lip-synching to the original album recording.
- Jim Henson puppeteered Guy, assisted by John Lovelady. Jane Henson puppeteered Prairie (to Fran Brill's voice from the original recording).
- Fisher-Price made a Sesame Street electronic game in 1995 called "What's My Letter?", inspired by this sketch.
- The Muppet Alphabet Album (1971)
- Muppet EFGH (single, 1971)
- Letters ...and Numbers, Too! (1974)
- Muppet EFGH (single, 1976)
- Sesame Street Treasury (album) (1980)
- Sing the Alphabet (1996)
- Awesome Alphabet Collection (2019)