A trailer for the special was released on October 27, 2018, done in the style of a 1980s infomercial. The special received an advanced screening at Kidville Union Square in New York City on November 10.
The special won a 2019 Emmy Award for "Outstanding Children's Program." It was given a digital release on June 2, 2020 (with a DVD release not-yet announced). The special later premiered on PBS on July 13, 2020.
Press kit description
- The special was taped during the week of April 10, 2018.
- The store seen in the animated opening sequence features many items from past Sesame Street media, including one of the King of Eight's knights, the clock from "Pinball Number Count," the Typewriter, the letter B portrait from the Beetles' "Letter B," a sign of the Sesame Street News Flash logo, a striped barrel from Big Bird's nest, an LP of Bob Sings!, and a rug based on the "Geometry of Circles" animation.
- Elmo, Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, Grover, Mr. Johnson, Guy Smiley, Prairie Dawn, Herry Monster, Count von Count, Oscar the Grouch, Gale Warning, Shark, Wish Pickle, Todd Jameson
- Two-Headed Monster, Julia, Gladys the Cow, Chicken, Birds, Shoes, Sunflower, Jacket, Cat, Goose, Popsicle, Pig, Mel, AM Monsters, Anything Muppets, Honker, Little Bird (animated)
Special Guest Stars
- Natalie Neptune: Amanda Seyfried
- Delivery Person: Blake Lively
- Ms. Noodle: Ilana Glazer (uncredited)
Sesame Street Muppet Performers
- Pam Arciero, Jennifer Barnhart, Tyler Bunch, Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, Frankie Cordero, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Ryan Dillon, Eric Jacobson, John Kennedy, Peter Linz, Carmen Osbahr, Martin P. Robinson, David Rudman, Matt Vogel
- Aidan Alberto, Nikki Ayoub, Swayam Bhatia, Taj Boyd-Blain, Annabelle Chow, Juliana Deluzio, Spohia Distefano, August Gallo, Leo Kennedy, Anais Lee, Mirabelle Lee, Zach Lee, Mehret Marsh, Madeleine Pace, Sofia Pellegrino, Jomil Robinson
- Executive Producers: Brown Johnson, Benjamin Lehmann, Ken Scarborough
- Producers: Mindy Fila, Karyn Leibovich, Stephanie Longardo
- Directed By: Jack Jameson
- Head Writer: Ken Scarborough
- Writers: Joe Fallon and Ron Holsey
- Associate Producers: Andrew Moriarty and Bryce-Loren Walker
- Senior Vice President of Curriculum and Content: Rosemarie T. Truglio, Ph. D.
- Music Director: Bill Sherman
- Music Director (Arrangements and Orchestrations): Joe Fiedler
- Music Director (Vocals): Paul Rudolph
- Composers: Eli Bolin, Joe Fiedler, Bill Sherman, Shaina Taub
- Music Copyist: Joe Fiedler
- Sesame Street Band: Randy Cohen, Michael Croiter, John Deley, Doug Derryberry, Johnathan Dinklage, Joe Fiedler, Rob Jost, Matt Lehmann, Gary Meyer, Kenny Rampton, Entcho Todorov, Anja Wood
- Sound Effects Editor / Re-Recording Mixer: Dick Maitland, C.A.S.
- Music Editors: Tyler Hartman and Paul Rudolph
- Associate Director: Ken Diego
- Production Designer: David Gallo
- Cameras: Frankie Biondo, Jerry Cancel, Rich Freedman, Shaun Harkins, Anthony Lenzo, Pat Minietta, Mark Renaudin
The Jim Henson Company Creature Shop
- Puppets, Costumes and Props: David Bizzaro, Brian Carlson, Tyler Hall, Liz Hara, Michelle Hickey, Rollie Krewson, Sarah Lafferty, Lara MacLean, Constance Peterson, Sierra Schoening, Jason Weber
Magnetic Dreams Animation Team
- Creative Director and Storyboard Artist: Rickey Boyd
Elmo's World Animation Team