Wicked is a 2003 Broadway musical with book by Winnie Holzman and music by Stephen Schwartz. The musical is based on Gregory McGuire's 1995 novel Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, an alternate re-telling of The Wizard of Oz.
- A marquee poster at Sesame Place's "Elmo the Musical - Live at Sesame Place" advertises "Wiggled: The Untold Story of a Grouch and His Worm."
- In The Muppets episode "Pig's in a Blackout," Jason Bateman coerces Kermit the Frog into helping him with his role as director of a production of Wicked at his daughter's elementary school.
- Kristin Chenoweth originated the role of Glinda
- Taye Diggs was a replacement Fieyro on Broadway (2003-2004)
- Joel Grey originated the role of the Wizard
- Carol Kane played Madame Morrible in the 1st National Tour
- Alex Lacamoire arranged music, was associate conductor, served as music director in 2005, and played piano/synthesizer during the Broadway run
- Sean McCourt originated the Witch's father and Ozian official on Broadway and was an understudy (later replacement) for both the Wizard and Doctor Dillamond
- Miriam Margolyes was a replacement for Madame Morrible on Broadway (2008)
- Idina Menzel originated the role of Elphaba
- Robb Sapp was a replacement Boq on Broadway (2005-2006)
- Ben Vereen was a replacement for the Wizard on Broadway (2005-2006)