|DESIGN||Jim Henson designer|
Zeke is the banjo player for Lubbock Lou and His Jughuggers. He has shaggy yellow hair, a shaggy yellow beard, bead eyes that can be faintly seen behind his round-lensed sunglasses.
Although the other jugband members debuted in Episode 208, Zeke did not appear until Episode 212. In seasons 4 and 5, Zeke was seen less often with the jug-band, but instead frequently backed up Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, usually on the marimba.
Zeke can be seen without his sunglasses, and more traditional Muppet eyes, in Rocky Mountain Holiday with John Denver and The Muppets. He also appeared in the "Rainbow Connection Finale" of The Muppet Movie and as one of the residents of the Happiness Hotel in The Great Muppet Caper.
Zeke has been performed at various points by Jim Henson (in early Muppet Show appearances, with speaking appearances in episodes 401 and 408, and in Rocky Mountain Holiday), and Steve Whitmire (during seasons 4-5 of The Muppet Show).
- The Muppet Show
- Episode 212: Bernadette Peters ("Apple Jack")
- Episode 217: Julie Andrews ("Borneo")
- Episode 223: John Cleese ("Somebody Stole My Gal")
- Episode 303: Roy Clark ("Rocky Top")
- Episode 308: Loretta Lynn ("You're Lookin' at Country")
- Episode 317: Spike Milligan
- Episode 322: Roy Rogers & Dale Evans
- Episode 401: John Denver ("Why Can't We Be Friends?")
- Episode 408: Arlo Guthrie ("A Horse Named Bill")
- Episode 409: Beverly Sills
- Episode 420: Alan Arkin ("The Devil Went Down to Georgia")
- Episode 424: Diana Ross ("Last Time I Saw Him")
- Episode 501: Gene Kelly ("Cool Water")
- Episode 513: Tony Randall
- Episode 521: Johnny Cash ("Orange Blossom Special"/"Jackson")
- Episode 523: Linda Ronstadt ("Blue Bayou")
- The Muppet Movie
- The Great Muppet Caper
- Rocky Mountain Holiday
- The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years